Today’s project may look involved, and it is, to be honest, but I had a great time making it. When I was asked to create a display board for the new Wood Textures Suite at Stampin’ Up!’s OnStage event in April, I looked around for ideas other than just putting treats in a crate. I looked online to see what people do with crates, and by far the most popular thing was to stack them to make shelves. So I decided to do that. I made the crates out of pastel colors of card stock, thinking if this were in a baby’s or child’s room, the crates may have been painted. The items on the shelves are toys, plants, and a few parents’ items.
Today’s project is also a part of Kylie Bertucci’s Blog Highlight for June. The theme this month is Baby, and I thought this project would be perfect.
The top ten winners will get to be part of an international blog hop next month, so please vote for my card. You can do that by clicking on this button:
Here’s what I made:
I didn’t take a photo of this project until after I had returned from OnStage, so please forgive any parts that may have been mashed or warped from transporting it or from folks handling it.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut in 1/2″ strips
Stamped with the Hardwood background stamp:
- in Smoky Slate ink onto both sides of die cut crate pieces (see below)
Stamped with the Bookcase Builder stamp set:
- bin in Crumb Cake ink onto Whisper White CS
- ABC blocks in Soft Sky ink onto Whisper White CS
- books in Sahara Sand and Pear Pizzazz inks onto Whisper White CS
- piggy bank in Flirty Flamingo ink onto Whisper White CS
- duck in So Saffron ink onto Whisper White CS
- trophy cup in Crushed Curry ink onto Whisper White CS
- globe in Marina Mist ink onto Whisper White CS, then colored in continents with a Pear Pizzazz marker
- 2 candlesticks in Smoky Slate ink onto Whisper White CS
- bottles in Dapper Denim, Night of Navy, and Soft Sky inks onto Whisper White CS (used markers to color individual bottles)
- lamp in So Saffron and Soft Sky inks onto Whisper White CS
- frame in Bermuda Bay ink onto Whisper White CS
- teddy bear in Sahara Sand ink onto Whisper White CS, then colored parts with Real Red, Sahara Sand, Crumb Cake, and Basic Black markers
Stamped with the Guy Greetings stamp set:
- face in frame ink Basic Black ink
- car in Basic Black ink onto Smoky Slate CS, then colored in with Tempting Turquoise marker
Stamped with the Country Livin’ stamp set:
- boots in Basic Black ink onto Soft Suede CS, then colored straps and soles with a Soft Suede marker
- guitar in Basic Black ink onto Sahara Sand CS
Stamped with the Moon Baby stamp set:
- lamp, bunny, and bear in Basic Black ink onto Whisper White CS, then colored in with Soft Sky, Peekaboo Peach, and Sahara Sand markers
Stamped with the No Bones About It stamp set:
- dinosaur in Real Red ink onto Whisper White CS
Stamped with the Vertical Greetings stamp set:
- potted tree in Smoky Slate and Garden Green inks, and colored in the trunk with a Chocolate Chip marker, onto Whisper White CS
- potted topiary in Pear Pizzazz and Cajun Craze inks onto Whisper White CS
Die cut using the Wood Crate Framelits:
- 4 pieces of each color card stock (CS):
- Blushing Bride CS
- Soft Sky CS (ended up using only 2 pieces)
- So Saffron CS
- Pear Pizzazz CS
- Wisteria Wonder CS
- then stamped with Hardwood background stamp (see above)
Fussy cut with Paper Snips:
- all the items on the shelves
Assembled the project:
- strips of DSP glued onto a piece of 8″ x 10″ CS (any color) for paneling
- 9 crates assembles with glue
- crates glued to each other and onto paneling
- attached items to inside of crates with strips of CS in each crate color. I folded each CS strip into a triangle for a “stand” and glued it to the back of the item and to the bottom of the crate (see photo below)
- put the whole thing into an 8″ x 10″ frame
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase. I used a lot of different colors and stamp sets on this project, but of course, you can use as many or as few as you like.
Place an order (an individual order, a hosted workshop order, or even a demonstrator order) of at least $350 in the month of June and receive MORE Stampin’ Rewards! You can use the rewards toward free product, or toward a Starter Kit! No special code needed. Every qualifying order will automatically receive the extra rewards.
June Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the FREE gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the FREE gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
June’s FREE gift is a pack of the amazing new Color Theory Designer Series Paper! So many designs, so many colors, so many uses. Designed with a paint chip style color variation on one side, wood grain or paint crackle on the other side.
* Each sheet is double-sided for double the creative options
* Works beautifully on card fronts.
* 48 sheets: 4 each of 12 double-sided designs. 6” x 6”
* Lignin free
* Coordinating colors: Berry Burst, Crushed Curry, Dapper Denim, Old Olive, Whisper White
“No Contact” orders are not eligible for the free gift.
(I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
for the brand new
2017-2018 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Papers
are available to order now!
Click here to order yours now!
Gum Ball Rewards
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!