Continuing with the Halloween theme of this week, today’s project is a bag full of yummy treats. I made the bag using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Dies, Graveyard Gate stamp set, Spooky Cat Bundle (Spooky Cat stamp set and Cat Punch,) Black Mini Sequin Trim and Vintage Crochet Trim. If you like giving little treats and gifts, you should definitely own the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits. Then all you need is card stock (CS) or Designer Series Paper (DSP) to create all the bags you need!
I used two stamps from the Spooky Cat stamp set…
…and one stamp from the Graveyard Gate stamp set.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Die cut using the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits:
- both pieces of the bag from Pumpkin Pie card stock (CS)
Stamped with the Graveyard Gate stamp set:
- little candies all over the bottom half of the bag
Stamped with the Spooky Cat stamp set:
- sentiment onto the upper right of the bag front
- cat in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Pumpkin Pie CS, then heat embossed in clear
- covered the entire cat image in black ink, swiping the ink pad over the paper
- wiped away the black with a paper towel to uncover the embossed bits
- NOTE: I used Basic Black Archival ink, which didn’t entirely come off the embossed areas. In the future I’ll use Memento Black ink, or a Stampin’ Write Marker, instead.
Cut using the Cat Punch:
- the embossed cat
Assembled the bag:
- glued together the two parts of the bag
- adhered Black Mini Sequin Trim and the black Vintage Crochet Trim all the way around the bag with Tear & Tape
- glued the cat to the top part of the bag
- applied Rhinestone Basic Jewels to the cat as eyes (see my post here to see how to make the rhinestones green)
- I filled this bag with Lindor Extra Dark Chocolate Truffles, mainly because they have black wrappers (and because I had them on hand because they’re one of my favorites ever!)
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Shop and help those affected by
I will donate 20% of my September sales to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey Relief.
Please help make a difference. CLICK HERE to shop now.
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order.
Here’s a video from Stampin’ Up!:
Here are the details:
- Promotion period: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after October 31
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $300 (before tax and shipping)
- There is no limit to the number of times the Merry Patterns Stamp Set may be earned, but only one set can be redeemed per qualifying order
- Demonstrator, Customer, Workshop, and online orders qualify
- Orders must be closed by:
- October 31 at 10:50 PM (PT)
- October 31 at 11:50 PM (MT)
- November 1 at 12:50 AM (CT)
- November 1 at 1:50 AM (ET)
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set may not be exchanged for another stamp set
Here are the samples from the video:
September Host Code
Create a beautiful quilt pattern background with this Embossing Folder.It’s easy to make a great impression! Just place flat cardstock in this embossing folder, run it through the Big Shot, and out comes cardstock with a bold textured design.* 1 folder
* 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm)
* Use with Big Shot
Watch this video on the Quilted Christmas Suite in the new Holiday Catalog
Use the Host Code on your online orders under $150. You can see how to use a Host Code here.
Orders between $75 and $149.99, using the Host Code, will receive my FREE Gift of the Month. Orders of $150 and above will automatically receive the gift – do no use the Host Code.
I can ship only within the United States. “No contact” orders are not eligible.
CLICK HERE to shop in my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!