Today I’m sharing a card I didn’t get around to posting before Sale-a-bration ended on Sunday. I used the Approaching Perfection stamp set, which was a free Sale-a-bration item. I hope you were able to get your own. Don’t worry, everything else I used is still available. This was one of our February Candy Hearts Team Meeting cards.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Approaching Approaching Approaching Approaching
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Gorgeous Grape card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Gorgeous Grape card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Hydrangea Hill Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4″ x 4″ (flowers)
- DSP layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ (stripe)
- DSP layers cut to 4″ x 3/4″ (stripe)
- Basic White CS layer cut to 4″ x 4″
- Gorgeous Grape CS layer cut to fit around the outer sentiment (about 2-3/4″x 3/4″)
Stamped with the Approaching Perfection stamp set:
- candles in Highland Heather ink onto the Basic White CS layer
- sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink onto a scrap of Basic White CS, then cut the sentiment into two parts and trimmed each piece to look uniform all around
- NOTE: the front piece is about 2″ x 1/2″ and the inner piece is about 1-1/2″ x 1/2
Cut using the Hydrangea Dies:
- 9 small flowers from a scrap of Gorgeous Grape CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the folds in the card bases with a Bone Folder
- two DSP strips glued onto the inside of the larger card base, at the top and at the bottom
- left side of smaller card base glued onto the inside of the larger card base, centered so equal amounts of the DSP strips show
- largest DSP layer glued onto the front of the larger card base
- inner sentiment glued onto the DSP layer
- die cut flowers glued around the sentiment
- ribbon tied in a bow and the ends adhered onto the back of the layer using Tear & Tape, the held the bow in place using a Mini Glue Dot
- 4″ x 4″ DSP layer adhered onto the front of the smaller card base using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- outer sentiment glued onto the approx. 2-3/4″x 3/4″ Gorgeous Grape CS piece, then glued onto the DSP layer
- 3 Gorgeous Grape pearls applied onto the card fronts using a Take Your Pick tool
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Butterfly Brilliance Today!
There are four new products available today that are out of this world gorgeous. And they’re only available for a couple months, so definitely get them as soon as you can, in case they sell out!
Hey Chick & Hey Birthday Chick!
The Hey Chick stamp set from 2017 Sale-a-bration was so popular, Stampin’ Up! has brought it back. But that’s not all! Now there are coordinating dies. AND there’s a second stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick, that also has coordinating dies. CLICK HERE to see them all. One thing though – they’re available for a limited time, so get them while you can!
Here are some helpful links:
- March Host Code 4BR2CFMC – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscriptionor subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact mefor details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook groupfor exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!