I used the Game On stamp set along with the new Well Suited Designer Series Paper and Matte Black Dots to make today’s card. It’s meant to be a birthday card, but could be used to celebrate any special day, like graduation, promotion, etc.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S On On On On
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Gray card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 7″, then scored at 5-1/2″
- Basic Gray CS cut to 4-1/4″ x 1-1/2″ (2 pieces)
- Well Suited Designer Series Paper (DSP) layers cut to 4″ x 1-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Basic Black CS layers cut to 4-1/8″ x 1-3/8″ (2 pieces)
- Well Suited Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 1-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 1-3/8″ x 2-2/3″
- strip of Basic White CS cut to 3-1/4″ x 1/2″ for the sentiment
- Basic White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Game On stamp set:
- sentiment in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Basic White CS strip
- dice in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto the Basic White CS for the inside, so they would show through the empty space in the card front (I found the easiest thing to do was to assemble the card front, then lightly trace the open area with a pencil, so I could tell exactly where to stamp the dice. Then I erased the pencil lines.)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- one end of a Basic Gray CS piece glued onto the front of the 1-1/2″ section of the card base, and the other end glued onto the front of the other Basic Gray CS piece, so that the second piece is even with the card base along the bottom – the ends of the vertical piece should overlap the other pieces by about 7/8″
- Basic Black CS layers glued onto the card front as shown below, with the smallest piece on the exposed part of the vertical piece
- 3 DSP layers glued onto the corresponding Basic Black CS layers
- sentiment glued onto the bottom DSP layer
- 3 Matte Black Dots applied onto the card front near the sentiment using my Take Your Pick tool
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base, so the dice show through the opening in the card front
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Basic White is here!
The facility that manufactures Whisper White paper is closing due to COVID-19. But don’t fret. The new Basic White products are here!
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (159276)
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Thick Cardstock (159229)
- 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) Cardstock (159231)
- Medium Envelopes (159236)
- Note Cards & Envelopes (159232)
- 3″ X 3″ (7.6 X 7.6 CM) Envelopes (159233)
- Assorted Memories & More Cards & Envelopes (159234)
Here are some helpful links:
- January Host Code WKFA44WT – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!