I used the Hey, Chick bundle (Hey, Chick stamp set and Chick Dies) along with the Pinewood Planks and Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folders to create this barnyard scene. The sentiment can be used for a birthday or any other time you want to with someone a happy day.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Hey Chick Hey Chick Hey Chick Hey Chick
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Real Red card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Crumb Cake CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Soft Suede CS layer cut to 4″ x 2″
- Basic White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Hey Chick stamp set:
- 2 chickens in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- sentiment in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Crumb Cake CS
- 1 chicken in black Memento ink onto the Basic White CS for the inside
Cut using the Chick Dies:
- 2 chickens
- sentiment using the sign die
- a corn cob from a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- corn kernels from a scrap of Daffodil Delight CS
Colored using a Sponge Dauber:
- corn cob in Daffodil Delight ink
Embossed using the Pinewood Planks 3D Embossing Folder:
- Crumb Cake CS layer
Embossed using the Old World Paper 3D Embossing Folder:
- Soft Suede CS layex
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Soft Suede CS layer glued onto the Crumb Cake CS layer, lining up the bottom edges
- Crumb Cake CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- sign and 2 chickens adhered using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- cob and kernels glued onto the Soft Suede CS layer
- Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Hey Chick is here!
The Hey Chick stamp set from 2017 Sale-a-bration was so popular, Stampin’ Up! has brought it back. But that’s not all! Now there are coordinating dies. AND there’s a second stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick, that also has coordinating dies. CLICK HERE to see them all. One thing though – they’re available for a limited time, so get them while you can!
Basic White is here!
The facility that manufactures Whisper White paper is closed due to COVID-19. But don’t fret. The new Basic White products are here!
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (159276)
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Thick Cardstock (159229)
- 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) Cardstock (159231)
- Medium Envelopes (159236)
- Note Cards & Envelopes (159232)
- 3″ X 3″ (7.6 X 7.6 CM) Envelopes (159233)
- Assorted Memories & More Cards & Envelopes (159234)
Here are some helpful links:
- February Host Code UQDYRC42 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!