Welcome to the July 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! This month we are sharing projects featuring a Birthday theme. I used the In Symmetry Bundle, Hand-Drawn Blooms stamp set, Batik Dies, and two Designer Series Papers (In Good Taste and Sweet Symmetry) to create a lever card.
After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see all the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S July 2021 Candy Hearts July 2021 Candy Hearts July 2021 Candy Hearts July 2021 Candy Hearts
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 11″ x 4-1/4″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Sweet Symmetry DSP layer cut to 4-1/4″ x 3″
- Sweet Symmetry DSP layer cut to 2-3/8″ x 3-3/4″
- Basic White Thick CS insert cut to 8-3/8″ x 4″, scored at 1/2″, 3-1/8″, and 5-3/4″
Stamped with the Hand-Drawn Blooms stamp set:
- sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
Stamped using the In Symmetry stamp set:
- flower in Night of Navy ink, stamped off 3 times, onto the far right section of the Basic White Thick CS insert
Cut using the Batik Dies:
- scrap of Night of Navy CS using the two largest dies
- sentiment using the largest open die
- card front with two DSP layers (see below)
Fussy Cut using Paper Snips:
- sentiment along the top and bottom
Cut using the Symmetrical Stems Border Punch:
- 4 sprigs from a scrap of Night of Navy CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the folds in the card base and the Basic White Thick CS insert with a Bone Folder
- In Good Taste DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 4-1/4″ x 3″ Sweet Symmetry DSP layer glued onto the In Good Taste DSP Layer
- using the largest open Batik Die, cut through the three layers of the card front in the center
- 4 sprigs glued onto the corners of the card front
- far right section of the Basic White Thick CS insert glued onto the inside of the card base so that 1/8″ of the card base shows around the top, bottom, and right sides
- 2-3/8″ x 3-3/4″ Sweet Symmetry DSP layer glued onto the middle of the 3 larger sections of the insert
- accordion-folded the insert, except for the 1/2″ section, and closed the card so the score line showing through the die cut hole was centered
- pencil marks made on the 1/2″ section of the insert along the edges of the die cut hole
- fussy cut outside the pencil lines and along the score line to remove the middle of the 1/2″ section and create two tabs
- detailed die cut glued onto the solid die cut
- sentiment glued onto the detailed die cut, lining up the die cut sides
- glue applied onto the part of the insert that shows through the hole
- solid die cut fit into the hole and pressed to adhere onto the insert
- card opened, glue applied onto the two tabs of the insert, then card closed again to adhere
Here’s the July 2021 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping with the Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers! If you get lost, use the list below.
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy —> YOU ARE HERE!!!
- Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp
- Joanne Whittington of The Inky Dragon
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Reserve Your DSP Swatch Books and Product Shares Now!
CLICK HERE to get all the details on swatch books and product shares. You must order by 2 August!
Designer Series Paper Sale!
These nine Designer Series Papers are out not only of this world gorgeous. They’re also on sale! Click on the images below to see them in my online store.
Here are some helpful links:
- July Host Code H9NWMYE9 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscriptionor subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact mefor details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook groupfor exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!