Today I’m sharing the last card we made at our February Candy Hearts team meeting using the Approaching Perfection stamp set. It’s a birthday card, and we also used the Stitched to Sweetly Dies, Special Day Dies, and products from the Sand & Sea Suite Collection. The seashell on the front is attached via a spring mechanism we made with wire. We used the Special Day Dies because the heart from that set fit perfectly behind the seashell sticker, but you could use a circle or any other shape that will fit.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Perfection Perfection Perfection Perfection
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Sahara Sand card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored at 4-1/4″
- Sahara Sand CS cut to 5-1/2″ x 1-1/4″
- Sand & Sea Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 1″ (2 pieces)
- DSP layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
Stamped with the Approaching Perfection stamp set:
- sentiment in Flirty Flamingo ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- balloon in Seaside Spray ink onto a scrap of Basic White CS
Cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
- a scrap of Seaside Spray CS, and the Basic White CS with balloon, using the largest scalloped rectangle die
- sentiment using a smaller scalloped rectangle diex
Cut using the Special Day Dies:
- 2 hearts from a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- a DSP strip glued onto the 1-1/4″ section of the card base
- second DSP strip glued onto the smaller piece of Sahara Sand CS
- large piece of DSP glued onto the inside of the card base
- sentiment piece glued onto the Seaside Spray CS die cut piece
- smaller piece of Sahara Sand CS lined up along the bottom of the card base
- Seaside Spray CS die cut glued along the top onto the upper part of the card base, and glued along the bottom onto the Sahara Sand strip, to create the full card front
- Basic White CS with balloon glued onto the DSP layer on the inside of the card, with the scallops lined up so that it’s hidden by the Seaside Spray CS when the card is closed
- a piece of 26 gauge wire (found in jewelry making supplies) wrapped around a pen 5 times
- a tiny hole poked in each die cut heart with the sharp end of a Take Your Pick tool
- one end of the wire spring poked through the hole in each heart, and glued in place, then let this sit until the next day to make sure it was good and dry
- a Seashell sticker applied onto one of the hearts
- the other heart glued onto the sentiment piece
- 3 Opal Rounds applied onto the card front using a Take Your Pick tool
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Butterfly Brilliance is here for a limited time!
These new products are out of this world gorgeous. And they’re only available for a couple months, so definitely get them as soon as you can in case they sell out! Click on the images below to see them in my online store. Or CLICK HERE to see them all.
Hey Chick & Hey Birthday Chick!
The Hey Chick stamp set from 2017 Sale-a-bration was so popular, Stampin’ Up! has brought it back. But that’s not all! Now there are coordinating dies. AND there’s a second stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick, that also has coordinating dies. One thing though – they’re available for a limited time, so get them while you can! Click on the images below to see them in my online store. Or CLICK HERE to see them all.
Here are some helpful links:
- March Host Code 4BR2CFMC – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscriptionor subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact mefor details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook groupfor exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!