My card today for the ICS Blog Hop is made with the new Carols of Christmas Bundle (Carols of Christmas stamp set and card Front Builder Thinlits Dies) and Pear Pizzazz 3/8″ Shimmer Ribbon. You can preorder this new bundle now – before the 2017 Holiday Catalog goes live September 1!
This month’s theme for the ICS Blog Hop is Knotty Ways with Ribbon for Christmas, highlighting the wonderful Christmas products and ribbons by Stampin’ Up! While I didn’t actually tie my ribbon in knots, I hope you’ll like what I came up with.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Pear Pizzazz CS cut to a triangle 3″ wide and 4-3/4″ tall (see diagram, cut away yellow areas)
Stamped with the Carols of Christmas stamp set:
- ornaments and flowers in Powder Pink ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- leaves in Pear Pizzazz ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- sentiment in Pear Pizzazz ink onto the inside of the card base
Die cut using the Card Front Builder Thinlits:
- the stamped ornaments, flowers, and leaves
Die cut using the Layering Circles Framelits:
- Pear Pizzazz CS with the smallest circle die
Assembled the card:
- applied Fast Fuse adhesive to one side of the Pear Pizzazz CS triangle
- starting at the bottom of the triangle, stuck ribbon to the triangle, going back and forth across it, working my way up
- adhered the ends of the ribbon to the back of the triangle with Fast Fuse
- applied Fast Fuse to one side of the Pear Pizzazz CS circle
- stuck flowers to the circle to cover it
- adhered the flower tree topper to the top of the ribbon tree with Fast Fuse
- used Fast Fuse to adhere the tree to the front of the card base, and used a Stampin’ Dimensional under the top part of the tree topper
- double leaves glued around the pink flower topper
- single leaves glued amongst the pink flowers
- pearls applied to centers of flowers
- ornaments adhered to the tree with Mini Glue Dots
- exposed area of the front of the card base covered with Clear Wink of Stella
- NOTE: I suggest using Shimmery White CS as the card base – then you don’t have to use the Wink of Stella! I think I applied a bit too much Wink of Stella to this card. It looks a bit uneven, and even muddy, when the light hits it just right (or just wrong?)
Click the arrow to go to the next stop on the blog hop, Deb Naylor of The Flying Stamper!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each color to see all the products that come in/with that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
August Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $150. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the FREE gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the FREE gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
August’s FREE gift is a pack of Touches Of Nature Elements:
* Wood flowers and leaves with light whitewash finish on one side
* 36 pieces: 6 each of 4 designs and 12 each of 1 design
* Largest piece: 1-5/8″ x 3/4″ (4.1 x 1.9 cm)
(I can ship within US only.)
“No Contact” orders are not eligible for the free gift.
Click here to shop my online store!
Gum Ball Rewards
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!