It’s time for the A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop for the April kit, You Are My Anchor. This is such a fun kit! The colors are great; the images are great; really everything about it is awesome. I’ve had a lot of fun playing with it. I hope you enjoy the alternative projects I’ve made with it. After reading my post, be sure to check out the rest of the stops on the hop. I can’t wait to see what everyone else has made.
Here’s what I made:
Three different items: a bag, a pop up card, and a treat box.
I used one of the matchbox covers from the kit to create this pop-up card.
I made this box from some of the note cards in the kit.
When I saw the gold and white note cards in the kit, I knew I had to pair it with one of Stampin’ Up!’s Striped Treat Bags.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Island Indigo card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″, for the card base
- 2 Island Indigo striped note cards scored 1/2″ from each end, and 1/4″ from the bottom edge
- 1 Island Indigo striped note card cut to 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″
- 1 Island Indigo anchor note card cut to 3″ x 3″, then scored 1/4″ from all four edges
- a Calypso Coral note card cut to 3″ x 5-1/4″
- 1 wave note card cut in half
- 1 note card cut in half (doesn’t matter which design because I used the solid white side)
Stamped with the You Are My Anchor stamp set:
- anchor, starfish, and “For You” in Island Indigo ink onto one of the small die cut round tags
- “You’re a lifesaver” in Island Indigo ink onto one of the small die cut banners
- birds in Island Indigo ink onto the inside top of the Island Indigo CS card base
- birds and boats in Island Indigo ink onto one of the wave not card halves
- “Thanks” in Island Indigo ink onto the other wave note card halves
- “Adventure awaits” in Island Indigo ink onto one of the small die cut banners
- anchor, wheel, boat, and starfish in Island Indigo ink onto the white stripes of the treat bag – I lined up the four stamps on one acrylic block and stamped them as one long stamp
Colored using an Island Indigo Stampin’ Write Marker:
- 8″ piece of Whisper White 1/8″ Sheer Ribbon – color on both sides
Assembled the card, front:
- fold in the Island Indigo CS card base burnished with a Bone Folder
- a large round die cut glued onto the side of the 3″ x 5-1/4″ Calypso Coral note card piece
- rope twine run through an Island Indigo anchor die cut, then wrapped around the front of the Calypso Coral note card piece and large round die cut, securing ends on the back using Glue Dots
- NOTE: I covered the score line in the note card piece with the rope twine
- Calypso Coral note card piece and large round die cut glued to the front of the Island Indigo CS card base
- rope twine adhered to the back of a lifesaver die cut using Glue Dots, then the lifesaver adhered to the large round die cut using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- “You’re a lifesaver” sentiment glued onto the front of the lifesaver die cut
Assembled the card, inside:
- wave note card half with boats glued onto the back side of a matchbox cover
- wave note card half with “Thanks” glued onto the top of the matchbox cover
- 3″ x 3″ note card piece glued to the inside of the Island Indigo CS card base, 1/8″ from the bottom edge, with the solid white side showing
- bottom of matchbox cover and back of wave note card half glued onto the inside of the card base, as shown in photos
- lighthouse die cut glued to the inside top of the card base
Assembled the box:
- the two Island Indigo striped note cards glued together at the ends – at both intersections, one flap will be on the outside of the adjacent side, and the other flap will be on the inside of its adjacent side
- using Paper Snips, cut along the score lines up the four corners only up to the horizontal score line
- folded all four flaps toward the inside and glued them to the inside of the 2-7/8″ x 2-7/8″ piece, which will form the bottom of the box
- cut along one score line at each corner of the 3″ x 3″ Island Indigo anchor note card piece
- glued the resulting flaps to the inside of the adjacent sides
- filled the box with goodies and put on the lid
- 2 small die cut banners glued to the back of the small round die cut tag as shown
- tied a piece of the rope twine around the box, through the tag, and tied in a box
Assembled the treat bag:
- “Adventure awaits” banner and an Island Indigo die cut anchor glued to the front of a gold and white note card
- top of treat bag folded over
- note card, Island Indigo colored ribbon, and some rope twine clipped to the top of the treat bag using a Gold Library Clip
Note: I used glue on these projects, but you can certainly use the Glue Dots that come with the kit. I just really like the glue.
Here’s the hop:
Use this list in case you get lost, or click on the Next button to go to Sara Levin of
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used other than what came in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should know:
- Early Release Bundles available now! Share What You Love AND New In Color ink pads!
- Retiring products available through May 31 or while supplies last.
- Swatch Books & Product Shares for 2018-2019 Annual Catalog coming soon!
- SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter.
- My Class Calendar
- May Host Code SWA494ST
- Get my FREE Gift for May
- Earn Gumball Rewards
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!