It’s time for the June 2019 A Paper Pumpkin Thing Blog Hop! This month’s kit is called A Little Smile. It’s beach themed kit that makes 16 gift cards and envelopes with a box to hold them. I used the kit to create a full sized card and a little treat holder.
Be sure to hop around to all the stops to see all the alternative projects this talented group of stampers has made using the A Little Smile kit!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Coastal Cabana card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Crumb Cake CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White CS layer cut to 3-3-8″ x 4-5/8″
- two card fronts from the kit cut to 3-1/4″ x 2-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
- Coastal Cabana envelope from the kit scored 1/2″ from the bottom and from both sides
Stamped with the A Little Smile stamp set:
- sentiment in Coastal Cabana ink onto a die cut label from the kit, near one end
Cut using Paper Snips:
- shortened the stamped label, using another label as a template, to match the curve
- envelope flap trimmed along the score lines
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- two trimmed card fronts glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Crumb Cake CS layer
- anchor trinket strung onto the twine from the kit, then the twine wrapped around the layers, with the ends secured onto the back using Tear & Tape
- anchor secured in place using a Mini Glue Dot
- 3 glitter starfish die cuts tucked into the twine and secured using Mini Glue Dots
- stamped label tucked into the twine and secured using Mini Glue Dots
- Crumb Cake CS layer adhered onto the front of the card base using Tear & Tape
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the treat holder:
- burnished the folds in the envelope with a Bone Folder
- inverted the sides and bottom to form a box
- put treats (I used small chocolates) in the holder and closed the flap
- twine tied around the treat holder and tied in a bow
Here’s the APPT A Little Smile Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used, other than what came in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Preorder the Daisy Lane Online Class by July 17:
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Daisy Lane Bundle on page 23 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, punches, pre-cut/pre-scored/pre-embossed card kits, and 6 envelopes.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/daisy-lane-card-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- June Host Code 9T3GKJRE – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!