Welcome to the April 2022 IRBH (InKing Royalty Blog Hop!) As the weather gets warmer, it’s time to start planning our trips to the beach, the lake or the in-town aquarium. Today we’re sharing projects inspired by the ocean and sea. We are excited to share our creations and hope you love them! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post: Brian King at Stamp with Brian.
For my card, I used retiring products, carrying-over products, and new products together to create a calm underwater scene. The background is from the new Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper. It’s tiny flowers and greenery, but I thought it had kind of a swirly underwater feel.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S April 2022 IRBH April 2022 IRBH April 2022 IRBH April 2022 IRBH
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Just Jade card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Starry Sky CS layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Shimmer Vellum layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Basic White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Seas the Day stamp set:
- sentiment in Starry Sky ink onto the Basic White CS for the inside
- starfish in Calypso Coral ink onto the Basic White CS for the inside
Cut using the Sea Dies:
- underwater “frame” from the Shimmer Vellum layer
Cut using the Sea Life Dies:
- seahorse from a scrap of Merry Merlot CS
- traced around the die cut onto a scrap of Cherry Cobbler CS, then cut using Paper Snips
Used a Sponge Dauber:
- to apply dots of white ink onto the die cut seahorse
- to spread glue around the perimeter of the vellum layer, leaving the kelp, etc. at the bottom loose
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
- Starry Sky CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer (with vellum attached) glued onto the Starry Sky CS layer
- die cut seahorse glued onto the fussy cut seahorse
- Wink of Stella applied over seahorse
- Black Matte Dot applied as the eye
- seahorse adhered onto the DSP layer (and under the vellum kelp) using Mini Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here’s the April 2022 IRBH:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sheryl Abernathy at Elegant Sentiments
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Jan Dufour at Stamp Me Silly
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lisa Graham at Lisa’s Little Ink Spot
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Marilyn Jones at Stamp with MJ
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <—– YOU ARE HERE!!!
Here’s my inspiration for the sea horse:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
These products will be available 3 May 2022:
- Tea Boutique Designer Series Paper (158659)
- Starry Sky 8-1/2″ x 11″ Card Stock (159263)
- Starry Sky Classic Stampin’ Pad (159212)
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up – please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Reserve Your Swatch Books and Product Shares Now!
I will be selling Designer Series Paper Swatch Books as well as Paper Shares, Ribbon Shares, and Embellishment Shares from the new 2022-2023 Annual Catalog. You must order by 2 May 2022. Click here for all the details!
Here are some helpful links:
- April Host Code 6QKFMC6C – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!