Welcome to the August 2020 OSAT Blog Hop! This month’s theme is New Beginnings, so we’re featuring projects celebrating new job, new marriage, new school year, etc. I used the Senior Years stamp set to make a happy retirement card and gift box. You may think of retirement as the end of a career, but I think of it as the beginning of a new life without the day to day worries of a job. I used the Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper and Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder to echo the plaid pants the man is wearing. When I think of a retired man, the first thing that pops into my head is a man wearing mismatched patterns to play golf. And this guy seems very happy with his wardrobe choice, from the Pumpkin Pie vest to the Blackberry Bliss plaid pants.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S August 2020 OSAT August 2020 OSAT August 2020 OSAT
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Cinnamon Cider card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Shaded Spruce CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5″ x 2″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
- Plaid Tidings Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 6″ x 2″ (2 pieces)
Stamped with the Senior Years stamp set:
- man in Tuxedo Black Memento ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- front sentiments in Shaded Spruce ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- inner sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base
- box sentiment in Shaded Spruce ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
Cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
- box sentiment
- scrap of Shaded Spruce CS to mat the box sentiment
Embossed using the Absolutely Argyle 3D Embossing Folder:
- Shaded Spruce CS layer
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- man in Pumpkin Pie, Soft Sea Foam, Blackberry Bliss, and Soft Suede
Cut using Paper Snips:
- words of front sentiments cut apart
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- embossed Shaded Spruce CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer glued onto the Shaded Spruce CS layer
- man and front sentiments glued onto the card front
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the Tiny Treat box and folded it to assemble
- burnished the folds in the two DSP pieces
- Inserted one DSP piece into the box around the front and two sides
- inserted the second DSP piece into the box around the bottom, back, and top
- put treats inside the box and closed the lid
- Cinnamon Cider ribbon tied around the box and tied in a simple knot on top
- die cut sentiment glued onto the die cut Shaded Spruce CS mat
- Shaded Spruce CS mat adhered onto the front of the box using Mini Glue Dots
Here’s the August 2020 OSAT Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Use your Bonus Days coupons by August 31!
Click the image below to shop now and use your Bonus Days coupons!
Here are some helpful links:
- August Host Code 49HQDVHS – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!