Welcome to the InKing Royalty Blog Hop for August! For today’s card, I used a brand new bundle from the 2018 Holiday Catalog called Falling For Leaves (Falling For Leaves stamp set and Detailed Leaves Thinlits Dies.) There are some spectacular images in this bundle. I used one of the simplest ones today. Don’t you just love sneak peeks?
This year’s IRBH themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “Dog Days Are Over.” You can hear the song at the bottom of this post. While we still feel the heat from a long, hot summer, August is a perfect time of year to start planning our Fall-themed cards. The projects in our hop will showcase Autumn, back-to-school and warm colors – you might even see a dog or two! We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Granny Apple Green card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black CS cut to 3-1/2″ x 5-1/2″
- Share What You Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Basic Black CS cut to 2-1/2″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Falling For Leaves stamp set:
- leaf image in Memento Black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS (3 times)
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto the 2-1/4″ x 4-1/4″ Whisper White CS layer
- NOTE: I only used part of the sentiment stamp. I put the stamp on my Stamparatus and colored only the part I wanted to use using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write marker, then stamped it onto the CS.
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- 3 stamped leaves in Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight
Die cut using the Detailed Leaves Thinlits:
- 3 stamped leaves
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- larger Basic Black CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- DSP layer glued onto the larger Basic Black layer
- smaller Basic Black layer glued over the DSP layer
- stamped Whisper White layer glued onto the smaller Basic Black layer
- 3 leaves glued onto the stamped layer
- pulled just a few strands from a piece of Grapefruit Grove twine, then tied them in a bow around the leaf stems
Here’s the hop:
I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach. There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group, and you don’t want to miss it!
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <— YOU ARE HERE
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are 3 amazing limited time offers:
1) Buy 10 Stampin’ Ink pads in August and get one FREE!!
- Buy any 10 ink pads from me in August, I will give you another one FREE!
- Contact me to place your order, so I can add your FREE ink pad!
2) Color Your Seasons Special, August 1-31, 2018, While Supplies Last!
Stampin’ Up!’s® Blended Seasons Stamp Set, coordinating Framelits™ Dies, and Watercolor Pencils are perfect for every season of creating! Plus, save 10% when you buy the stamp set and Framelits in a bundle! But don’t wait—these exclusive products are only available until August 31 while supplies last. So get in the mood to create something full of colors and seasons!
These are the Color Your Season products:
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set, an exclusive 12-piece wood- or clear-mount stamp set with images for every season – #149019 @ $53 (wood blocks included); #149016 @ $39 (suggested clear blocks: b, c, e, g, h)
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies, a coordinating stitched die that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images! #149013 @ $33. Has10 dies. Largest die: 4-7/8″ x 3-3/8″.
- Save 10%! Blended Seasons BUNDLE – BLENDED SEASONS STAMP SET + STITCHED SEASONS FRAMELITS DIES – Wood-mount #149893 @ $77.25, Clear-mount #149894 @ $64.75
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors! #149014 @ $12.50. Acid free, lignin free.10 pencils in Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
- Products available while supplies last until August 31, 2018 – while supplies last
- Items may be included as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit.
3) Bonus Days are back!
- For every $50 you spend on an order in August, you will receive a $5 coupon to use in September!
- There is no limit to the number of coupons you may earn.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.) Although new prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code YRU4UHA4– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Here’s the song Dog Days Are Over:
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!