Welcome to February 2021 IRBH! During this year’s blog hops, we are having fun with our stamping favorites – our favorite themes for seasonal cards and projects. This month’s projects feature balloons, so you are in for a celebratory treat. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post, Brian King at Stamp with Brian. There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group and you don’t want to miss it!
My card is very simple. It’s a card base with some punched and die cut shapes and a small sentiment. The balloons are made with the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch – the scoop of ice cream flipped upside down looks like a bear or mouse, and I thought it would make adorable balloons. I used several soft colors of card stock for this baby card. You can buy each color separately of course, but most of the colors come in a multi-pack. I’ve listed them all at the bottom of this post.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S February 2021 IRBH February 2021 IRBH February 2021 IRBH February 2021 IRBH
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
Stamped with the So Sentimental stamp set:
- sentiment in Highland Heather ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
Cut using the Stitched So Sweetly Dies:
Cut using the Ice Cream Cone Builder Punch:
- scoops from scraps of Petal Pink, So Saffron, Soft Sea Foam, Balmy Blue, and Purple Posy CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- white twine adhered onto the back of the upside-down-scoop-balloons using Tear & Tape
- 2 of the balloons glued onto the front of the card base, near the top
- a couple of mini Stampin’ Dimensionals applied onto the front of the card base, where the sentiment will go, with a tiny gap between them about 1/8″ wide
- strings of the balloons strung between the mini Stampin’ Dimensionals, and held in place with a piece of Post-It Tape (or you could use a Post-It Note) I left the backings on the dimensionals for this part.
- 2 more balloons adhered beneath the first ones using Stampin’ Dimensionals, and the strings added to the first ones
- the fifth balloon adhered using Stampin’ Dimensionals in the center, and glue along the top where it overlaps the 2 balloons above it, then the string added to the others
- 2 Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals applied onto the back of the sentiment, one at each end, making sure there is space between them for the strings and two dimensionals on the card front
- backs of all four dimensionals removed and sentiment adhered over the strings
- ends of the strings trimmed using Paper Snips (I keep a separate pair just for ribbon.)
Here’s the February 2021 IRBH:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Renae Novak at Blessed by Cards
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Joanne Brown at The Inky Dragon
- Rachel Brumley at Artistic Designs by Rachel
- Genevieve Ko at Stampin4Fun
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <—– YOU ARE HERE!!!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Hey Chick is here!
The Hey Chick stamp set from 2017 Sale-a-bration was so popular, Stampin’ Up! has brought it back. But that’s not all! Now there are coordinating dies. AND there’s a second stamp set, Hey Birthday Chick, that also has coordinating dies. CLICK HERE to see them all. One thing though – they’re available for a limited time, so get them while you can!
Basic White is here!
The facility that manufactures Whisper White paper is closed due to COVID-19. But don’t fret. The new Basic White products are here!
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Cardstock (159276)
- 8-1/2″ X 11″ Thick Cardstock (159229)
- 12″ X 12″ (30.5 X 30.5 CM) Cardstock (159231)
- Medium Envelopes (159236)
- Note Cards & Envelopes (159232)
- 3″ X 3″ (7.6 X 7.6 CM) Envelopes (159233)
- Assorted Memories & More Cards & Envelopes (159234)
Here are some helpful links:
- February Host Code UQDYRC42 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!