It’s time for the May 2019 APPT Blog Hop. This month’s kit was designed by Stampin’ Up! Co-founder and Board Chair, Shelli Gardner. It’s called Hugs From Shelli. Be sure to hop all the way around to all the blogs to see all the different ways to send hugs in the mail. You’ll see the list farther down in this post.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Old Olive card stock (CS) cut to 4-3/8″ x 3-1/8″
- envelope cut to 4-1/4″ x 3″ (solid pink)
- card base cut to 3″ x 4-1/2″, with the original score line at 2″, then score 1/2″ from all sides, and cut according to the diagram below (dotted lines are scored, solid lines are cut)
- also score across at 2-1/2″
Stamped with the Hugs From Shelli stamp set:
- sentiment in Early Espresso ink onto a piece of a Very Vanilla card base
- flowers in Petal Pink ink over the sentiment
Cut using the Layering Ovals Dies:
- a slightly larger oval from a scrap of Crumb Cake CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Old Olive CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- solid pick layer glued onto the Old Olive CS layer
- 24″ of each twine from the kit wrapped around my fingers, then adhered onto the solid pink layer using Tear & Tape
- sentiment glued onto the Crumb Cake CS oval
- Crumb Cake CS oval adhered over the twine using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box with a Bone Folder
- glued tabs to inside of adjacent sides to form box and lid
- pattie inserted into box and the lid closed
- a piece of each twine wrapped around the box and tied in a bow
I just dropped this pattie in the box for the photo, but I find it fit, and looks, better if you tuck the side pieces of the wrapper underneath it:
Here’s the Hugs From Shelli blog hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used other than the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Here are the prepaid Paper Pumpkin subscriptions:
Order your Swatch Books and Product Shares by June 3!
Here are some alternate projects from Stampin’ Up!:
Here’s what comes in the Hugs from Shelli kit:
This kit’s coordinating colors are Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Petal Pink, Pretty Peacock, Soft Suede, Pool Party, and Very Vanilla.
Here’s the Hugs Form Shelli stamp set:
Click here to download the stamp case insert pdf.
Here’s the Paper Pumpkin video for Hugs From Shelli:
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- May Host Code QQMWPTJK – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!