The Sale-A-Bration continues…with a color challenge! This month’s ICS Blog Hop is all about Sale-A-Bration, plus we’re using specific colors. We could use any of these five colors: Crumb Cake, Bermuda Bay, Dapper Denim, Night of Navy, and Island Indigo for our projects. I used all but one (Dapper Denim.) I used the Amazing You stamp set and the coordinating Celebrate You Thinlits Dies – both are available for FREE with a qualifying order during Sale-A-Bration (only through March 31!)
I used a technique whose name I can’t remember to save my life. I glued different colored strips of card stock to a larger piece of CS, then die cut from that, so the die cut words are multicolor. Tell me what you think!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Crumb Cake card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Night of Navy CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Island Indigo CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Bermuda Bay CS cut to 3-7/8″ x 5-1/8″
- Crumb Cake CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Crumb Cake CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 3″
- Bermuda Bay, Island Indigo, and Night of Navy CS cut into 1/2″ x 3″ strips, a few of each color
- Optional: Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Amazing You stamp set:
- “celebrate” in Crumb Cake ink onto the Crumb Cake CS layer
Die cut using the Celebrate You Thinlits:
- two words from the strips of CS (see below)
- NOTE: I used the Precision Base Plate on the Big Shot to cut through the layers with the Thinlits Dies.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Night of Navy CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Island Indigo CS layer glued onto the Night of Navy CS layer
- Bermuda Bay CS layer glued onto the Island Indigo CS layer
- stamped Crumb Cake CS layer glued onto the Bermuda Bay CS layer
- 1/2″ strips of CS glued onto the 3-3/4″ x 3″ Crumb Cake CS piece (this is what I die cut the words from above)
- die cut words glued onto the stamped Crumb Cake CS layer
- Optional: Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the hop:
Click the arrow to hop on over to visit Cynthia McQueen of Beautiful Peacock:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is an amazing time to join the Candy Hearts! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information.
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of February (2T9AQTKG) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in February: Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Contact me with any questions – email: [email protected] or call/text: 404-661-5222
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!