It’s time for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Let the Good Times Roll. We’re sharing projects that are party themed or that have wheels, or both! I’ve use 2 stamp sets (Let the Good Times Roll and Glamper Greetings) and 2 Designer Series Papers (Wood Textures and Coffee Break) to make today’s card. Glamper Greetings and Coffee Break DSP are on the retiring list, so you’d better grab them while you still can.
When you hear “Let the Good Times Roll” you might think of The Cars’ song from the 1980s, but I opted for something a little older. Watch the video below to hear the Shirley & Lee song from the 1950s:
Here’s what I made:
This camper reminds me of the 1950s. I can imagine it parked somewhere with this song playing on the radio. That would be an AM radio, no stereo!
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Early Espresso card stock (CS) layer cut to 4-7/8″ 3-3/8″
- Coffee Break Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 4-3/4″ x 3-1/4″
Stamped with the Glamper Greetings stamp set:
- camper in Memento black ink onto scraps of 3 different pieces of Wood Textures DSP
- camper in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Coffee Break DSP (blue)
Stamped with the Let the Good Times Roll stamps set:
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- NOTE: I curved the photopolymer stamp into an arc
Cut using Paper Snips:
- one whole camper from the lightest stamped piece of Wood Textures DSP
- door from a darker stamped piece of Wood Textures DSP
- trim from an even darker stamped piece of Wood Textures DSP
- “curtains” from the stamped piece of Coffee Break DSP
Cut using a 1/8″ Circle Punch:
- window in door – the window is a little larger than 1/8″, so I punched around the circle 3 or 4 times
Colored using markers:
- tire and hitch (is that what it’s called?) using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
- spot behind the door window using a Basic Black Stampin’ Write Marker
- hub cap using a White Stampin’ Chalk Marker
Assembled the card:
- Early Espresso CS layer glued onto the front of a Whisper White Note Card
- Coffee Break DSP layer glued onto the Early Espresso CS layer
- door, trim pieces, and curtains glued onto the whole camper
- sentiment and camper adhered to the Coffee Break DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here’s the hop:
Be sure to check out all the stops on the hop! You don’t want to miss any of these projects! The next stop from here is Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com. If you get lost during the hop, you can use this list to find your way.
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Candy Ford at StampCandy <—————— YOU ARE HERE
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Deb Cozzone at Grand Central Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
I know “wood” isn’t technically a color, but I wanted to show you all the different colors and patterns in this pack of 6″ x 6″ Designer Series Paper:
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should know:
- Retiring products available through May 31 or while supplies last.
- Swatch Books & Product Shares for 2018-2019 Annual Catalog info coming soon!
- SUBSCRIBE to my newsletter.
- My Class Calendar
- April Host Code A9MEXWJR
- Get my FREE Gift for April
- Earn Gumball Rewards
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!