Welcome to InKing Royalty’s October Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs – this month’s song is “Monster Mash.” You can watch a video of the song at the bottom of this blog post. As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with fun projects that are inspired by the spookiest night of the year – Halloween. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Stamped with the Still Night stamp set:
- owl in Stazon black ink onto a scrap of Crumb Cake card stock (CS)
Stamped with the Cauldron Bubble stamp set:
- sentiment in black ink onto a scrap of Crushed Curry CS
Die cut using the Takeout Thinlits:
- two box pieces from Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Cut using the 1″ Circle Punch:
Colored using Watercolor Pencils:
- owl in Early Espresso, Basic Gray, Basic Black, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, and Whisper White
Cut using Paper Snips:
- fussy cut the owl (Seriously, Stampin’ Up!’s Paper Snips are the best scissors for fussy cutting paper!)
Assembled the card:
- folded and burnished the score lines in the box pieces with a Bone Folder
- the bottoms of the two box pieces glued to each other
- flaps adhered to the inside of the adjacent sides of the box with Tear & Tape
- sentiment “moon” and owl glued onto the front of the box
- treats put inside, the closed the box
- Braided Linen Trim tied around the box and tied in a knot
Here’s the Monster Mash hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us today. I hope you’ll hop to the next stop, Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin. There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group, and you don’t want to miss any of it! If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <– YOU ARE HERE!
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the song Monster Mash:
Enjoy this video of Bobby Pickett on Bandstand with Dick Clark.
Here’s some cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- October Host Code C4ANJH44 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!