Welcome to InKing Royalty’s November Blog Hop! This year’s blog hop themes are inspired by popular songs, and this month’s song is “We are Family.”You can scroll down to the bottom of this post to see the video of Sister Sledge singing the song, “We Are Family.”
As you might guess, our hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by family, so we have a wide variety of projects. We are excited to share our creations with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
I’m sharing a card I made for a special relative of mine. She’s very wise and she likes unicorns, so I decided to combine the two on her card. I used the Animal Outing Bundle, the Labeler Alphabet stamp set and the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper (DSP.)
I actually made two cards. For the first one, I die cut a rhino from the DSP. Then I decided to stamp the rhino and color it in using an Aqua Painter, to see how close I could get to the DSP. You can see the two side by side below.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Berry Burst CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic Gray CS cut to 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″
Stamped with the Animal Outing stamp set:
- rhino in black stazon ink onto a scrap of Shimmery White CS
Stamped with the Labeler Alphabet stamp set:
- sentiment in Berry Burst ink onto the Whisper White CS layer
Colored stamped image using an Aqua Painter:
- rhino in Basic Gray ink
- bird in Berry Burst and Crushed Curry inks
Die cut using the Animal Friends Thinlits:
- stamped rhino
- rhino from the Animal Expedition Designer Series Paper
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Berry Burst CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Basic Gray CS layer glued onto the Berry Burst CS layer
- Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Basic Gray CS layer
- die cut rhino (either stamped or from the DSP) glued onto the Whisper White CS layer
Here’s the We Are Family Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <——— YOU ARE HERE
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Allison Okamitsu at Nice People Stamp
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the beautiful Snowflake Showcase!
It’s available for only 2 more days, so get yours before it’s gone!
The Happiness Surrounds stamp set can be used all year long!
You get 20 dies in the Snowfall Thinlits! 20!!! And they go with both stamp sets, so they can be used all year long.
Look at these adorable Snowflake Trinkets embellishments! They’re flat so they’re great for cards. I even made a pair of earrings!
Click on the images below to see more details and to purchase the Snowflake Showcase items:
The White Velveteen Paper mentioned in the video is sold out and no longer available.
Here’s the song “We Are Family” by Sister Sledge:
Here’s even more cool stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- November Host Code 92BH36G7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!