The theme for this month’s IRBH is Vacation. When I was trying to decide what to use for my project, I looked through all the great stamp sets I have. I could’ve made something about the beach, or any number of places like that. But when I thought about what I’ve really loved about my favorite vacations, I realized I love being someplace peaceful and quiet, with no everyday noise, where I can just relax and think. Then I came across the Peaceful Place stamp set and I knew that was it. I wanted to make a card that was peaceful and quiet and gentle, like a whisper. So I used Soft Sea Foam and Whisper White, two of the softest colors in the Stampin’ Up! line up. I hope you like what I’ve come up with.
Be sure to check out all the stops along the hop. You don’t want to miss any of the wonderful projects by this talented group!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Soft Sea Foam card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Soft Sea Foam CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Peaceful Place stamp set:
- image with river and trees in Soft Sea Foam ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- 2 leaves in Soft Sea Foam ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base
Cut using the Heirloom Frames Dies:
- rectangular frame from a scrap of Soft Sea Foam CS
Embossed using the Heirloom Frames Embossing Folders:
- the die cut frame
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Soft Sea Foam CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- stamped Whisper White CS layer, cut to fit behind the frame, glued onto the Soft Sea Foam CS layer
- frame adhered over the stamped layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS with stamped leaves glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the Vacation blog hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop, Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl. There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group, and you don’t want to miss it! If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <—YOU ARE HERE!
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
TODAY IS THE LAST DAY to preorder the Mosaic Mood Online Class:
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Mosaic Mood Suite on pages 118-120 of the 2019-2020 Annual Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, punch, embossing folder, Garden Green ink pad, pre-cut/pre-scored card kits, and 6 Whisper White envelopes.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/mosaic-card-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Reserve your swatch books and product shares by September 3
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code CS3BJYVY – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! If you join by August 31 you’ll receive and extra $30 of free products in your Starter Kit! Plus and extra $10 coupon to use on your first order as a demonstrator! You choose $155 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!