Welcome to the January 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! Today we are sharing projects made with new Sale-a-bration items. After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!
The Sale-a-bration item I used on my card today is the Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper, which I used along with the Lucky You stamp set and Layering Circles Dies. I made a Triple Fold fun fold card, and used a few colors of the marble pattern paper for the different layers. I didn’t add any embellishments because I wanted the gorgeous paper to take center stage.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S January 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop January 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop January 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop January 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop
Here’s what I made:
Inside: I used a different color of the DSP on the back side of the purple section, because I had pulled out only one sheet of each color, and I didn’t want to get up to get another piece of the purple. Can you say “lazy stamper?”
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 11″ x 5-1/2″, then scored at 1-3/4″, 5-1/2″, & 9-3/4″
- Simply Marbleous Designer Series Paper (DSP) layers (purple) cut to 3-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces) Actually, for this particular card, I cut one purple layer and one green layer, instead of 2 purples.
- blue DSP layers cut to 1-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- pink DSP layers cut to 1″ x 5-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Basic Black CS cut to 11″ x 1-1/4″
- pink DSP strip cut to 6″ x 1″ (2 pieces)
- Basic White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Lucky You stamp set:
- sentiment in Highland Heather ink onto a scrap of Basic White CS
Cut using the Layering Circles Dies:
- larger circle from a scrap of Balmy Blue CS
- even larger circle from a scrap of Basic Black CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the folds in the card base with a Bone Folder, so the first one at 1-3/4″ is a mountain fold, and the other two are valley folds
- card base closed with the two smaller flaps on the right
- 3-1/2″ x 5-1/4″ DSP glued onto the largest section of the front. The right edge of this DSP layer will be hidden under one of the flaps when the card is closed.
- 1-1/2″ x 5-1/2″ DSP glued onto the middle section
- 1″ x 5-1/4″ DSP glued onto the smallest section
- three corresponding DSP pieces glued onto the backs of those same sections
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
- burnished the 11″ strip of Basic Black CS with a Bone Folder, only a few times to soften the fibers
- wrapped the 11″ strip of Basic Black CS around the card so the ends overlapped in front, making sure it was snug enough so it wouldn’t fall off and loose enough so it could be removed easily
- the two 6″ DSP strips glued together to make an 11″ strip, then glued onto the Basic Black CS belly band
- sentiment glued onto the Balmy Blue CS circle, then that glued onto the Basic Black CS circle
- Basic Black CS circle glued onto the front of the belly band
Here’s the January 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping with the Candy Hearts today! Be sure to hop around to all the stops. You do not want to miss any of the creativity in this talented group of stampers! If you get lost, use the list below.
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy < YOU ARE HERE!
- Joanne Whittington of The Inky Dragon
- Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp
- Brian King of Stamp with Brian
- Lisa Graham of Lisa’s Little Ink Spots
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- January Host Code 4WZJ6CCV – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!