Welcome to the March 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! Today we are sharing projects with a Spring theme. I used products from the lovely Hand-Penned Suite Collection to create a Spring floral thank you card.
After reading my post, I hope you will hop to the next person on the list below. Be sure to hop around to see ALL the great projects the Candy Hearts have created for you!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S March 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop March 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop March 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop March 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic White Thick card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Garden Green CS layer cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Hand-Penned Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Garden Green CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Basic White CS layer cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- Diagonal layers (see below)
- using a pencil and ruler, made tiny marks on the edges of the 3-3/4″ x 5″ Basic White CS layer:
- on the left side, 1/4″ and 2-1/2″ from the top
- on the right side, 3-1/2″ and 4-1/4″ from the top
- Basic White layer laid on top of the same size Garden Green layer, lining them up so I could cut them at the same time to keep them exactly alike
- cut the layers from the top left pencil mark to the top right mark
- cut the layers from the bottom left mark to the bottom right mark
- didn’t use the middle pieces, only the top and bottom
Stamped with the Hand-Penned Petals stamp set:
- flower cluster in black Memento ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- smaller flower stem in Garden Green ink, and flowers in Misty Moonlight ink, onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- sentiment in Pale Papaya ink onto the upper Basic white CS diagonal layer
- sentiment in Misty Moonlight ink over the Pale Papaya sentiment, just slightly offset
Colored using Stampin’ Blends Markers:
- flower cluster in Pale Papaya, Shaded Spruce, and Misty Moonlight
Cut using the Penned Flowers Dies:
- stamped and colored flowers
Cut using Paper Snips:
- separated the two flowers in the cluster, then glued them back together so they overlapped
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- top Basic White CS layer laid on the Garden Green CS layer, then slid up so 1/8″ of the Garden Green showed along the diagonal; glued them together
- did the same thing with the bottom diagonal layers
- adhered the diagonal layers onto the DSP layer using Foam Adhesive Sheet cut to size
- adhered the flowers onto the diagonal layers with glue, and between the layers using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- DSP layer glued onto the 4″ x 5-1/4″ Garden Green CS layer
- 4″ x 5-1/4″ Garden Green CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- flower flourishes adhered onto the diagonal layers – larger one with a Glue Dot and smaller ones with glue
Here’s the March 2020 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
- Candy Ford of Stamp Candy
- Brian King of Stamp with Brian
- Pam Morris of Tap Tap Stamp
- Lisa Graham of Lisa’s Little Ink Spot
- Joanne Whittington of The Inky Dragon
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- March Host Code EUZ4NCS9 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!