Welcome to the May 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop! This month we are featuring projects made using the new 2022-2024 In Colors: Parakeet Party, Sweet Sorbet, Tahitian Tide, Starry Sky, and Orchid Oasis.
I used two of the new In Colors – Orchid Oasis and Starry Sky – to create this simple card. I think it would qualify as “simple stamping” if it weren’t for the punch. Otherwise it’s just stamps, ink, and paper. I used the Bottled Happiness stamp set, which is available in a bundle (save 10%!) with the Vintage Bottle Punch. You can also get Vintage Bottle Shaker Domes to make shaker cards. I’ll link them in my supply list near the bottom of this post.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S May 2022 Candy Hearts May 2022 Candy Hearts May 2022 Candy Hearts May 2022 Candy Hearts
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Orchid Oasis card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Basic White CS layer cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Basic White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Bottles Happiness stamp set:
- sentiment in Orchid Oasis ink onto a scrap of Basic White Thick CS
- large flower image in Orchid Oasis ink onto the Basic White CS layer, once in the top right corner and once in the bottom left
- overlay flower image in Starry Sky ink (I found it easiest to line up the flower centers.)
- sprig stamp in Starry Sky ink from the center of the flowers toward the top left and bottom right. I inked the stamp only once per side and stamped off three times for the varied darkness
Cut using the Lasting Label Punch:
- a blank piece of Basic White Thick CS
Colored using a Stampin’ Write Marker:
- filled in the flower center in Starry Sky ink, where I didn’t get the two-step stamping lined up just right
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- stamped Basic White CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- the two punched pieces glued together, perpendicular to each other
- sentiment stack adhered onto the card front using a piece of Foam Adhesive Sheet
- remaining 5-1/4″ x 4″ Basic White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the May 2022 Candy Hearts Blog Hop:
How would you like to get $66.50 in new 2022-2024 In Color products FREE?
All you have to do is join my Candy Hearts group. The In Color Starter Kit costs you $99 plus tax. You get to choose $125 in product, AND you’ll receive the products below free, AND you get free shipping, AND you’ll get a free Paper Pumpkin kit. Now that’s a deal. But this promotion only lasts through 31 May, so click here for more details today!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- May Host Code 62B4PD6V – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Shop the Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!