It’s time for the March APPT Blog Hop! This month’s kit is called No Matter the Weather and it’s designed to make 12 sweet weather themed cards. It also came with an extra stamp set called Spring Splash. Today we are sharing alternate projects made with this kit. I can’t wait to see what everyone on the hop has created!
I decided to make a card and an open top gift box for a friend. The current situation in the world makes almost all of us need a little boost. I want my friend to know I’m there for her…with a bottle of hand soap (you can barely see the top of the pump bottle amongst the tissue paper.)
If you are reading this post in email, the images may appear blurry or not show up at all. Click here to read this post on my blog.
S https://stampcandy.net/blog-hop/no-matter-the-weather-appt-blog-hop-03-2020/ the weather the weather the weather
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- 1-3/4″ cut from the bottom of one of the blue/gray cards from the kit, cutting away the gray area and leaving the blue
- Two more of the same cards scored 1-3/4″ from the bottom, and 1/4″ from the printed end
- 1/4″ cut from the plain end of these same two cards
- You should now have two cards 6-1/2″ x 5″ and one card 7″x 3-1/2″
Stamped with the No Matter the Weather stamp set:
- sentiment in Basic Gray ink onto a whit did cut circle
- clouds and raindrops in Basic Gray ink along the top of the front of the 3-1/2″ tall card
- clouds and raindrops in Basic Gray ink along the top of the front of one the other two cards
Cut using Paper Snips:
- one pair of boots cut off the end of a boot line-up die cut
- two pairs of boots cut off the end of a boot line-up die cut, and one of the cut away pairs cut apart into individual boots
- cut along the four score lines, only up to the horizontal score line, of the two 5″ tall cards
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- a plain white circle die cut glued onto the front of the 3-1/2″ tall card
- 3 pink heart die cuts adhered the white circle die cut using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- die cut of 3 pairs of boots and 2 individual boots glued together, then adhered onto the front of the card using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembled the box:
- burnished all the folds in the two remaining card bases with a Bone Folder
- glued the 1/4″ flaps to the inside of the opposite end of the other card base
- folded up the four bottom flaps and glued them together to create the bottom of the box
- sentiment glued onto the blue side with clouds and raindrops
- die cut of 4 pairs of boots adhered, overlapping the sentiment, using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- gift and tissue paper put in the box
Here’s the No Matter the Weather hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used, other than the No Matter the Weather kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List <— Click here for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Sale-a-bration! – only 5 more days!
- Coordination Product Release – only 5 more days!
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- February Host Code SYG4ATBH – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required! PLUS only during Sale-a-bration, you’ll also receive an exclusive Mini Paper Cutter a 6″ x 6″ Sampler of Designer Series Paper from the new Mini Catalog, and another stamp set of your choice. Only 5 more days!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!