It’s time for the July OSAT Blog Hop. This month’s theme is Creature Comforts. and we’re featuring animal themed projects. For my projects today, I used the Kindness & Compassion stamp set with the Graceful Glass Designer Vellum to create a thank you card and a box for the bird lover in your life.
There is an accidental technique used on these projects. I colored the vellum on the back with Stampin’ Write Markers and let them dry. Then I used a sponge to spread glue all over the back, and the ink smeared and created a marbled effect. I liked it so much that I repeated it on the second one.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Petal Pink card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Petal Pink CS cut to 2-1/2″ x 7/8″
- Basic Black CS cut to 2-5/8″ x 1″
- Graceful Glass Designer Vellum cut to 5-1/4″ x 2″ (birds)
- Graceful Glass Designer Vellum cut to 5-1/4″ x 1″ (grid, 2 pieces)
- Basic Black CS cut to 4″ x 2″
- Petal Pink CS cut to 3-7/8″ x 1-7/8″
- Graceful Glass Vellum cut to 3-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ (birds)
Stamped with the Kindness & Compassion stamp set:
- sentiment in Memento black ink onto the 2-1/2″ x 7/8″ Petal Pink CS
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- birds in Real Red, Soft Sea Foam, Calypso Coral, Blueberry Bushel, and Pineapple Punch
- NOTE: color on the back of the vellum and let dry (can use Heat Tool to speed drying)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- vellum birds glued onto the front of the card base
- two vellum grids glued onto the front of the card base, above and below the birds
- sentiment glued onto the 2-5/8″ x 1″ Basic Black CS
- 2-5/8″ x 1″ Basic Black CS adhered to the card front using Stampin’ Dimensionals
Assembled the box:
- 3-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ vellum birds glued onto the 3-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ Petal Pink CS
- 3-7/8″ x 1-7/8″ Petal Pink CS glued onto the 4″ x 2″ Basic Black CS
- 4″ x 2″ Basic Black CS glued onto the gable box side
- black satin ribbon tied in a bow around the top of the box
Here’s the hop:
Click on the Next button to hop to the next stop, Jo Anne Hewins of Luv 2 Create:
Use this list if you get lost along the hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are two amazing July offers:
1) Free ink pads:
- Join my team by July 31 and receive a family of 10 ink pads for free!
- In addition to everything you already get with the Starter Kit!
- Click the image for more information
2) Designer Series Paper Sale:
- Buy 3 packs of select DSP and receive 1 pack free
- Mix and match
- Stock up on all your favorites
- Click the image for details and to purchase
Here’s some more stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- July Host Code F2ZF736E– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!