It’s time for the OSAT Blog Hop for August! This month we’re doing a Tic Tac Toe challenge. We must choose three items in a row (horizontally, vertically, or diagonally) and include all three on our projects. I used the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set and Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits Dies to create this card and gift container. The container came with cashews in it. Cashews would make a nice little gift, but since I ate the cashews already (they were honey roasted – how could I not?) I washed out the container and now it’s ready for candies or a small gift.
I’ve included a Holiday catalog sneak peek. The wood grain paper is from the new Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper, which is part of the new Festive Farmhouse suite. If you can’t wait until September 5 to order from the Holiday catalog, click here to join my team now. You can add the new products to your Starter Kit, and then you can order them on a demonstrator order!
Here’s the Tic Tac Toe challenge:
I went with the left column: Ribbon, DSP, Flowers.
First I used Gray Granite 1/2″ Textured Weave Ribbon on the card. Then I used Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper (DSP) on both the card and the container. And I used flowers (Crushed Curry dots) along the bottom of both projects.
The idea is that the critters are flying over a field of yellow flowers with a wooden barn or house in the background. At least that’s what I was going for.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Gray Granite card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″ , then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3″ x 1/2″
- Basic Black CS cut to 3-1/2″ x 5/8″
- Crushed Curry CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″
- DSP cut to 12″ x 2-1/2″ (You’ll cut it to fit around your container.)
Stamped with the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set:
- dragonfly in Memento black ink onto the 4″ x 5-1/4″ DSP layer
- filled in dragonfly’s wings in Gray Granite ink
- first part of sentiment in Gray Granite ink onto the 3″ x 1/2″ Whisper White CS strip
- second part of sentiment in Gray Granite ink onto the 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ Whisper White CS
- bee in Memento black ink onto the 3-5/8″ x 4-7/8″ Whisper White CS
- dots (flowers) in Crushed Curry ink along the bottom of both pieces of DSP
Die cut using the Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits:
- one large dragonfly, one dragonfly cluster, and 2 bees from a scrap of Basic Black CS
Colored using a Stampin’ Write Marker:
- bee’s body in Crushed Curry ink
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- sentiment glued onto the Basic Black CS strip, then cut the ends of the Basic Black CS using Paper Snips
- 2 pieces of ribbon adhered onto the DSP layer using Tear & Tape
- sentiment adhered onto the ribbon using Tear & Tape
- DSP layer glued onto the Basic Black CS layer
- 3 Sahara Sand sequins applied to the DSP layer
- Basic Black CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- stamped Whisper White CS layer glued onto the Crushed Curry CS layer
- Crushed Curry CS layer glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the container:
- die cut critters glued onto the 12″ x 2-1/2″ DSP, and trimmed any excess off the edges
- 12″ x 2-1/5″ DSP glued onto the nut container
Here’s the hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here are 4 amazing limited time offers:
1) Only 2 more days! Paper Pumpkin Sale, through August 10, 2018
- Subscribe between now and August 10
- Use promo code BLOOM0818
- Get 50% off your first kit
- CLICK HERE to subscribe
2) Color Your Seasons Special, August 1-31, 2018, While Supplies Last!
Stampin’ Up!’s® Blended Seasons Stamp Set, coordinating Framelits™ Dies, and Watercolor Pencils are perfect for every season of creating! Plus, save 10% when you buy the stamp set and Framelits in a bundle! But don’t wait—these exclusive products are only available until August 31 while supplies last. So get in the mood to create something full of colors and seasons!
Introducing the all-new, limited-time Color Your Season products:
- Blended Seasons Stamp Set, an exclusive 12-piece wood- or clear-mount stamp set with images for every season – #149019 @ $53 (wood blocks included); #149016 @ $39 (suggested clear blocks: b, c, e, g, h)
- Stitched Season Framelits Dies, a coordinating stitched die that includes stitching on both the positive and negative images! #149013 @ $33. Has10 dies. Largest die: 4-7/8″ x 3-3/8″.
- Save 10%! Blended Seasons BUNDLE – BLENDED SEASONS STAMP SET + STITCHED SEASONS FRAMELITS DIES – Wood-mount #149893 @ $77.25, Clear-mount #149894 @ $64.75
- Watercolor Pencils in 10 new colors! #149014 @ $12.50. Acid free, lignin free.10 pencils in Stampin’ Up! colors: Balmy Blue, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Coastal Cabana, Crushed Curry, Flirty Flamingo, Garden Green, Gorgeous Grape, Granny Apple Green, Night of Navy
- Products available while supplies last until August 31, 2018 – while supplies last
- Items may be included as part of a new demonstrator’s Starter Kit.
3) Bonus Days are back!
- For every $50 you spend on an order in August, you will receive a $5 coupon to use in September!
- There is no limit to the number of coupons you may earn.
- An email address is required to participate; Bonus Days coupon codes can be delivered only via email.
- Bonus Days coupon codes may be redeemed for any product (excluding Starter Kits, demonstrator supply items, and Paper Pumpkin subscriptions.) Although new prepaid Paper Pumpkin codes may be discounted with Bonus Days coupon codes.
4) Buy 10 Stampin’ Ink pads in August and get one FREE!!
- Buy any 10 ink pads from me in August, I will give you another one FREE!
- Contact me to place your order, so I can add your FREE ink pad!
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- August Host Code YRU4UHA4– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!