It’s time for the OSAT Blog Hop for September! This month’s theme is “I Need a Hero.” I opted to make a CAS eclipse card using the Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper (DSP) and the Large Letters Framelits Dies. I also used the Sunshine Sayings stamp set, Classic Label Punch, and Festive Farmhouse Elements wooden embellishments. The coordinating Tiny Treat Box is made with the same DSP, and with Burlap ribbon and Frames Elements wooden embellishments. You can give these to any hero in your life.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Festive Farmhouse Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
- DSP cut to 2″ x 6″ and scored at 2″ and 4″
- DSP cut to 2″ x 8″ and scored at 2″, 4″, and 6″
Stamped with the Sunshine Sayings stamp set:
- card sentiment in Mossy Meadow ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- box sentiment in black Stazon ink onto a wooden embellishment
Die cut using the Large Letters Framelits:
- HERO from the DSP card layer, saving all the pieces
Cut using the Classic Label Punch:
- card sentiment
Cut using the 1/2″ Circle Punch:
- a semicircle from the front end of the 2″ x 8″ DSP strip
Colored using a Stampin’ Write Marker:
- frame of the wooden element on the box in Basic Black
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- inside pieces of the die cut letters R and O glued in place onto the card base
- die cut letters HERO adhered over the cut out spaces in the DSP layer using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- sentiment adhered onto the DSP layer using Mini Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 3 small wooden stars glued onto the card front as shown
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- Burnished all scored lines in the two 2″ wide DSP strips.
- Assembled a Tiny Treat Box
- inserted the 8″ strip into the box, to line the front, bottom, back and lid, being sure to have the semicircle cut out in the front
- inserted the 6″ strip into the box, to line the two sides and the bottom
- put treats in the box and closed it up
- wrapped Burlap ribbon around the box and adhered the ends to the back of the wooden element using Tear & Tape, just loose enough to be able to slide it on and off the box
Here’s the OSAT Blog Hop:
Click on the Next button to see Barb Millikin’s projects. You can use the guide below if you get lost during the hop.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the new Dashing Along September special from Stampin’ Up:
- Receive one pack of Dashing Along Designer Series Paper with any $250 order in September!
- Perfect for layering, this beautiful, traditional Christmas paper includes a mix of old favorites and new patterns to create a festive, eclectic feel.
- Item number 149903
- 12 sheets: 3 double-sided sheets (6 total designs); 4 sheets of each design – perfect for making lots of Christmas cards!
- 12″ x 12″
- Promotion period: September 1–30
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after September 30.
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $250 (before shipping and handling).
- One package of Designer Series Paper may be redeemed per qualifying order, with no limit on how many packages of Designer Series Paper can be earned.
- Demonstrator, Customer, Workshop, and online orders qualify.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be redeemed using Stampin’ Rewards. You will receive this FREE gift with a qualifying order in addition to any Stampin’ Rewards you may earn.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be exchanged for other paper.
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code NGABG9PN – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!