It’s time for the OSAT Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Don’t go breaking my heart in honor of Valentine’s Day. Remember the song by Elton John and Kiki Dee? If not, you can watch the video here. My project has plenty of hearts – a large one from the Painted with Love Designer Series Paper, and small ones from the Sure Do Love You stamp set – and fortunately none of them are broken.
I’m on a ship right now (I’m actually at a live performance by Casey McPherson as I type this, so if there are any typos, that’s why!) My sister, and Candy Hearts team member, Judy Newsome, is house sitting. When I realized I’d forgotten to make the projects for today before I left, I contacted her and begged for help. Of course, she obliged because that’s the kind of gal she is. Between the two of us, we designed the card and treat box, and she actually made and photographed them. So while it was a team effort, she did the lion’s share of the work. Thanks, Judy!
Be sure to hop around to all the blogs listed below. You don’t want to miss any of the great projects by this group!
Here’s what we made:
Here’s what she did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Rich Razzleberry card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Melon Mambo CS cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Powder Pink CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Painted With Love Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 3-7/” x 5-2/8″ (small hearts design)
- Melon Mambo CS cut to 3-1/2″ x 3/4″
- Powder Pink CS cut to 3-1/2″ x 5/8″
- Painted With Love DSP cut to 1/2″ x 8-1/2″ (one row of small hearts) then scored at 2″, 4″, 6″, and 8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card
Stamped with the Sure Do Love You stamp set:
- small conversation hearts in Powder Pink,Melon Mambo, and Rich Razzleberry inks onto scraps of of Whisper White CS (4 of each)
Stamped with the Cozy Cottage stamp set:
- card sentiment in Melon Mambo ink onto the Powder Spink CS strip
Die cut using the Lots of Love Box Framelits:
- small converstaion hearts
- large heart from a scrap of the DSP (striped design)
Cut using Paper Snips:
- notched one end of the Melon Mambo and Powder Pink CS strips
- NOTE: you could use the Banner Triple Punch instead
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Melon Mambo CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Powder Pink CS layer glued onto the Melon Mambo CS layer
- DSP layer glued onto the Powder Pink CS layer
- sentiment glued onto the Melon Mambo CS strip
- Melon Mambo CS strip glued onto the DSP layer
- large DSP heart adhered to the DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued to the inside of the card base
Assembled the treat box:
- popped the premade box together (just fold in the bottom flaps!)
- glued the conversation hearts to a piece of Whisper White Solid Baker’s Twine to make the garland
- adhered garland around the top of the box with Mini Glue Dots
- adhered strip of DSP around the bottom of the box with Fast Fuse
- filled the box with Dove Milk & Dark Chocolate Hearts
Here’s the hop:
Be sure to hop to all the blogs to see the terrific projects made by this amazing team of stampers. Use the list below if you get lost.
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what we used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is an AMAZING time to join the Candy Hearts! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of February (2T9AQTKG) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in February: Narrow Note Cards & Envelopes – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!