It’s time for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes have all been inspired by popular songs, and this month’s song is “Pretty Paper.” The main lyric is, “Pretty paper, pretty ribbon of blue.” As you might guess, our hop today is filled with projects that feature paper and ribbon. We have a wide variety of projects, and we’re excited to share our creations with you. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list that you’ll find farther down. You can hear the song “Pretty Paper” by Roy Orbison at the base of this post.
For my card I chose what I think is one of the prettiest pieces of paper we carry right now. It’s from the Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper, and it’s covered in lots of gorgeous flowers. I especially love the big pink peonies. I knew I wanted to use some of the brand new ribbon from the 2019 Occasions and Sale-a-bration catalogs, so I chose a card stock color to coordinate with that. The Petal Pink/Whisper White 5/8″ Variegated Ribbon is from the Occasions catalog, and the Lemon Lime Twist ribbon is part of the Organdy Ribbon Combo Pack from the Sale-a-bration brochure. They will be available on January 3, 2019.
After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop on over to Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp. Scroll down to see the list of stops on the hop. Be sure to check out all of them. There’s a lot of talent in this group and you don’t want to miss any of it!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Lemon Lime Twist card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Petal Parade Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 1-3/4″ x 3/4″ for the sentiment
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Pretty Kitty stamp set:
- front sentiment in Lemon Lime Twist ink onto the smallest piece of Whisper White CS
- inside sentiment in Petal Pink ink onto the largest piece of Whisper White CS
Die cut using the Stitched Labels Framelits:
- label from a scrap of Petal Pink CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Petal Pink ribbon adhered to the DSP layer and wrapped around the back, using Tear & Tape
- Lemon Lime Twist ribbon adhered over the Petal Pink ribbon using Tear & Tape (I cut the Tear & Tape in half to create a long skinny piece for this skinny ribbon)
- Petal Pink ribbon run under the adhered ribbons and tied in a bow, trimming the ends using Paper Snips
- small sentiment glued onto the Petal Pink CS label
- Petal Pink CS label adhered over the ribbons using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Petal Pink ribbon adhered onto the largest Whisper White CS using Tear & Tape
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbon Blog Hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <— YOU ARE HERE!
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
Here are today’s main colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the newly updated Clearance Rack!
Here’s the Year-End Closeout!
The Year-End Closeout has officially begun! During this promotion, you will be able to save on a selection of retiring and surplus items—while supplies last. Definitely place your orders sooner rather than later, because supplies are limited and the Year-End Closeout ends on January 2. After that, some of your favorite retiring items may be gone for good!
Here’s how to get your copy of the new catalogs:
Just click on this button and I’ll send you the new catalogs, along with a list of the bundles, the Designer Series Paper coordinating colors, and a handmade card!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right now, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s the song “Pretty Paper” by Roy Orbison:
Here’s more stuff to check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- December Host Code 3CXZMQ2Q – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!