It’s hard to believe we’ve had these colors for two years already. Now they are the Retiring In Colors. Which one will you miss the most? They’re all great colors and useful in their own way, but I’ve definitely used Mint Macaron the most. So that’s the In Color I used for today’s card. I used a Sponge Brayer to color a piece of Irresistibly Floral Designer Series Paper in Mint Macaron, and used card stock, ink and ribbon all in Mint Macaron.
Welcome to InKing Royalty’s April Blog Hop! Today’s hop is filled with projects inspired by the Stampin’ Up!’s retiring 2015-2017 In Color Collection – our tributes to Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. What fun! We’ve really enjoyed playing with these amazing colors over the past two years – and we are excited to share our creations with you today. After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post.
The April InKing Royalty Blog Hop is all about the retiring In Colors. Join us as we hop from blog to blog to see all the wonderful projects this talented group has made.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Mint Macaron card stock (CS) to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Whisper White CS to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Irresistibly Floral Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- Whisper White CS to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Circle of Spring stamp set:
- sentiment in Mint Macaron ink onto a separate piece of Whisper White CS
Stamped with the Falling Flowers stamp set:
- flowers in Mint Macaron ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside
Die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits:
- oval around the stamped sentiment, with the sentiment near the bottom
Die cut using the May Flowers Framelits:
- leaf from a scrap of Mint Macaron CS
Inked the DSP with a Sponge Brayer:
- rolled the brayer over the DSP with Mint Macaron ink, putting more ink at the bottom and less as your get near the top
Assembled the card:
- oval with sentiment glued to the DSP
- Mint Macaron Mini Striped Ribbon adhered to DSP, over oval, using Fast Fuse, and ends wrapped to the back
- 1/8″ Whisper White ribbon adhered over Mint Macaron ribbon with Fast Fuse
- die cut leaf glued onto DSP and ribbon
- DSP glued onto 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″ Whisper White CS
- Whisper White CS glued onto card base
- Whisper White CS stamped with flowers glued to inside of card base
I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the blog hop, Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps. There’s a lot of inspiration to be found in this group – and you don’t want to miss it!
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Wendy Cranford at Luvin’ Stampin’
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Lory Robinson at The Robins Nest Designs
- Karen Browning at StampWithMeKZB
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at Ink Big Academy Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Click to shop now:
You always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See the Gum Ball Rewards page for details.
Click here to shop my online store!
April Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
April’s gift is a pack of Urban Underground Embellishments! Each pack contains 24 brushed silver embellishments – 8 each of 3 designs. (I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!