Welcome to the September 2020 ICS Blog Hop! This month’s theme is Mini Catalog Fun Folds. I made an accordion fold card that fits into a Mini Pizza Box. I used the Wishes & Wonder Bundle (Wishes & Wonder stamp set and North Pole Wonder Dies,) along with the Stitched Rectangle Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper, and Forever Gold Laser-Cut Specialty Paper, to create a long skinny card with Santa’s sleigh and eight tiny reindeer, plus Rudolph who has a Red Rhinestone for his nose.
Be sure to hop all the way around to all the stops because you don’t want to miss any of the great fun fold projects this group has for you today.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S September 2020 ICS September 2020 ICS September 2020 ICS September 2020 ICS https://bit.ly/34ibSpX. https://stampcandy.net/blog-hop/september-2020-ics-blog-hop-fun-folds/
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 11″ x 3-1/4″, then scored at 3-1/4″, 6-1/2″, and 9-3/4″
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 9-3/4″ x 3-1/4″, then scored at 3-1/4″ and 6-1/2″
- Brightly Gleaming Designer Series Paper (DSP) layers cut to 3″ x 3″ (7 pieces)
- Whisper White CS layers cut to 3″ x 3″ (3 pieces)
- Night of Navy CS cut to 3-1/4″ x 3-1/4″ for the top of the box
Stamped with the Wishes & Wonder stamp set:
- card front sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- card back sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto one of the Whisper White CS layers
- box top sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS
- sleigh in Jet Black Stazon ink onto a scrap of Gold Foil Sheet
- sleigh in Jet Black Stazon ink onto a scrap of Real Red CS
Cut using the North Pole Wonder Dies:
- the two stamped sleighs
- 9 reindeer from scraps of Crumb Cake CS
Cut using the Stitched Rectangle Dies:
- sentiment for the card front
- scrap of Night of Navy CS larger than the sentiment
- scrap of Gold Foil Sheet larger than the Night of Navy piece
Cut using the Stitched Shapes Dies:
- sentiment for the box top
Cut using the 2″ Circle Punch:
- scrap of Night of Navy CS
Cut using Paper Snips:
- cut away the rails from the Real Red CS sleigh
Assembled the card:
- burnished the folds in the two long Night of Navy CS pieces with a Bone Folder
- smallest section of the 11″ piece glued onto one end of the 9-3/4″ piece, to create a 19-1/2″ x 3-1/4″ accordion card base, with 6 3-1/4″ square sections
- 6 DSP layers glued onto the 6 sections on one side of the card base
- remaining DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- 3 Whisper White CS layers glued onto the back of the card base
- Stampin Seal+ applied onto the back of the first reindeer’s neck
- Gold Twine tied around the reindeer’s neck, then the reindeer glued onto the first DSP layer
- Stampin Seal+ applied onto the back of the next reindeer’s neck, the twine looped around the neck, then the reindeer glued onto the second DSP layer
- continued adding reindeer, looping the twine around each neck and gluing them onto the DSP layers
- NOTE: Don’t pull the twine too tight between the reindeer. Lay the reindeer where it needs to go, then loop the twine around its neck and stick it to the Stampin’ Seal+ on the back (see photo below.) Then carefully turn over the reindeer to apply glue onto the back. Make sure to glue down all the points of the antlers so they don’t get tangled with the others when the card is closed.
- red sleigh pieces adhered onto the gold sleigh using Stampin’ Seal+
- sleigh adhered onto the last DSP layer using Stampn’ Seal+, with the twine under the front rail
- knot tied in the end of the twine to keep it from raveling
- twine adhered onto the sleigh using one tiny strip of Stampn’ Seal+ (I used my Take Your Pick tool to remove just one strip from the adhesive and place it on the sleigh.)
- Red Rhinestone applied onto the first reindeer’s nose
- sentiment for card front glued onto the Night of Navy CS die cut rectangle
- Night of Navy CS die cut rectangle adhered onto the gold foil die cut rectangle using Stampin’ Seal+
- gold rectangle adhered onto the DSP layer on the card front using Stampin’ Seal+
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box and folded it to assemble
- adhered the 2 back tabs to the back of the box using Stampin’ Seal+
- 3-1/4″ Night of Navy CS square layer adhered onto the top of the box using Stampin’ Seal+
- gold accent adhered onto the Night of Navy CS layer using Stampin’ Seal+
- box sentiment glued onto the punched Night of Navy CS circle
- Night of Navy CS circle adhered onto the center of the gold accent using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- 3 Red Rhinestones applied randomly onto the box top
Here’s the September 2020 ICS Blog Hop:
Click on the next button below to hop to the next stop, Charmane Hopkins of Renee’s Paper Treasures:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- September Host Code 4___ – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!