Welcome to the September 2020 OSAT Blog Hop! This month’s theme is You’ve Got This, so we’re featuring projects celebrating empowerment and encouragement for a new job, new school year, or any other new challenge. I used products from the World of Good Suite Collection for my projects today: a card and a small treat box. I also used a makeup brush blending technique that my Candy Hearts team member Lisa Graham demonstrated at our last team meeting.
Be sure to hop around to all the stops, to see all the great projects this group has in store for you today!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S September 2020 OSAT September 2020 OSAT September 2020 OSAT
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Early Espresso card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- World of Good Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Cinnamon Cider CS layer cut to 4-1/4″ x 3″
- Mossy Meadow CS layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 1″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
- Mossy Meadow CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 3-1/4″, scored along the long side at 1-1/4″, 2-1/2″, 3-3/4″, 5″, and scored along the short side at 1-1/4″ for the box
- DSP cut to 4-13/16″ x 4-13/16″ and scored 1-3/4″ from all four edges for the lid
Colored/blended using a makeup brush:
- a scrap of Whisper White Thick CS in Early Espresso, Cinnamon Cider, Bumblebee, Mossy Meadow, and Misty Moonlight inks
- CLICK HERE to see the makeup brush I used. There are many others that I’m sure would be just as good. I wanted a big one, so I got the 2X-Large size.
- I forgot to take a photo until after I had cut out a couple pieces. My blending skills aren’t as good as Lisa’s, but I think you can get the idea.
Stamped with the Beautiful World stamp set:
- globe in Early Espresso ink onto the blue/green area of the blended CS (I wanted to make sure I got good ink coverage on the globe, so I used my Stamparatus to stamp it 2 or 3 times times.)
- 2 feathers in Crumb Cake ink onto the yellow/brown area of the blended CS
- globe stand and ink well in Early Espresso ink onto a scrap of Crumb Cake CS
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto the small Mossy Meadow CS layer, then heat embossed in gold
- small globe in Cinnamon Cider ink all over the Cinnamon Cider CS layer
Cut using the World Map Dies:
- globe, globe stand, inkwell, and 2 feathers
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the Early Espresso card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Cinnamon Cider CS layer glued onto the the DSP layer
- globe and stand adhered onto the Cinnamon Cider CS layer using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- end of a feather glued onto the sentiment, then both adhered onto the card front using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- burnished the folds in the box and lid with a Bone Folder, and cut according to the diagram using Paper Snips
- tab on box glued onto the inside of the opposite end
- 1 bottom tab folded up, then the other 3 tabs glued in place
- The box is 1-1/4″ square by 2″ high, and fits 4 stacked Dove promises perfectly
- side tabs of DSP lid folded in and glued together, then the skinny tab folded down and glued onto the top one – did this on both sides
- NOTE: I put the lid on the box before gluing the sides, to make sure it wasn’t too snug.
- The lid is 1-5/16″ square by 1-3/4″ high.
- tip of second feather glued onto the back of the inkwell, then both adhered onto the front of the box lid using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
Here’s the September 2020 OSAT Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- September Host Code YPXPD4Q2 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!