Welcome to the 04-2019 Spring Fling edition of the OSAT Blog Hop! For my projects, I used a color combination I remember being very popular in a previous Spring catalog: Bermuda Bay, Calypso Coral, and Crushed Curry. I used the Tabs for Everything stamp set for the sentiment and the Butterfly Gala stamp set for, you guessed it, the butterflies.
Be sure to hop all the way around the hop to see all the great Spring projects from this talented group!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
For the card:
- Crushed Curry card stock (CS) cut to 7-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored at 3-1/4″
- Crushed Curry Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 3-1/4″ x 5-1/2″
- Calypso Coral DSP layer cut to 3″ x 5-1/4″
- Bermuda Bay DSP layer cut to 2-3/4″ x 5″
- Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card base
For the box:
- Crushed Curry DSP cut to 2″ x 4″, and scored at 2″
- Calypso Coral DSP cut to 2″ x 6″, and scored at 2″ and 4″
- Bermuda Bay DSP cut to 2″ x 6″, and scored at 2″ and 4″
Stamped with the Butterfly Gala stamp set:
- 2 butterflies in Bermuda Bay ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- butterfly antennae in black ink onto the Bermuda Bay DSP layer of the card
Stamped with the Tabs for Everything stamp set:
- sentiment in Calypso Coral ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
- arrow in Calypso Coral ink onto a scrap of Whisper White CS
Cut using the Circle Tab Punch:
- scrap of Crushed Curry CS
Cut using the Classic Label Punch:
Cut using Circle Punches:
- scrap of Whisper White CS with the 1/2″ punch
- scrap of Bermuda Bay CS with the 3/4″ punch
- finger notch cut into one end of the Crushed Curry DSP strip for the box
Colored using Stampin’ Write Markers:
- butterfly in Calypso Coral and Crushed Curry
Cut using the Butterfly Duet Punch:
- the two butterflies
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Crushed Curry CS circle tab folded in half and glued onto the front edge of the card base
- Crushed Curry DSP layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Calypso Coral DSP layer glued onto the Crushed Curry DSP layer
- Bermuda Bay DSP layer glued onto the Calypso Coral DSP layer
- sentiment adhered onto the Bermuda Bay DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- butterfly body glued onto the Bermuda Bay DSP layer, lining it up with the stamped antennae
- arrow glued onto the Bermuda Bay CS circle
- Bermuda Bay CS circle glued onto the circle tab
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Assembled the box:
- burnished all the folds in a clear tiny treat box with a Bone Folder, then put it together
- also burnished the folds in the DSP pieces
- Crushed Curry DSP inserted so it covered on the front and bottom of the box, lining up the notched end with the front of the box
- Bermuda Bay DSP inserted so it covered the bottom, back, and top of the box
- Calypso Coral DSP inserted so it covered the two sides and the bottom of the box
- put treats in the box and closed the box lid
- butterfly body adhered onto the top of the box using Mini Glue Dots
Here’s the Spring Fling OSAT 04-2019 blog hop:
Be sure to check out every stop to see all the great Spring Fling projects!
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Preorder the Life is Grand Online Class by April 17:
- Make 6 pretty cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Life Is Grand stamp set, Un-inked Spectrum Ink Pad (with 5 reinkers), and Petal Promenade Designer Series Paper
- Featured colors: Petal Pink, Powder PInk, Blushing Bride, Flirty Flamingo, and Lovely Lipstick
- I’ve done the cutting, scoring, and embossing for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, spectrum Pad, reinkers, the precut/prescored/pre-embossed card kits, 6 Very Vanilla envelopes and envelope liners.
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/life-grand-card-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code GDG7WK3J – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team! Get a 20% discount on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!