It’s time for the OSAT Blog Hop for September! This month we’re featuring products from the brand new 2019 Holiday Catalog. I used the Still Scenes Bundle (Still Scenes stamp set and Snow Globe Scenes Dies) on page 43 to make a shaker card. The Snow Globe Shaker Domes make it easy – there is adhesive on both sides of the rims.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Basic Black CS layer cut to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Still Scenes stamp set:
- outer sentiment in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Basic Black CS, then heat embossed in silver
- inner sentiment in black ink onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base
Cut using the Snow Globe Scenes Dies:
- trees and 2 deer from a scrap of Silver Foil Sheet
- hole for shaker dome from the Basic Black CS layer
- snow globe base from a scrap of Silver Foil Sheet (one detailed and solid)
Cut using the Stitched Rectangle Dies:
- heat embossed sentiment
- slightly larger piece from a scrap of Silver Foil Sheet
- NOTE: There isn’t a die in the set to cut the sentiment as I wanted to, so I used a larger die and cut it twice as shown below. I cut the Silver Foil piece the same way.
Embossed using the Swirls & Curls Embossing Folder:
- Basic Black CS layer (be sure to emboss it after die cutting)
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- trees and one deer adhered onto the front of the card base using Snail, so they will show through the hole in the Basic Black CS layer
- adhesive backing pulled off the top edge of the shaker dome, the dome put through the hole in the Basic Black CS layer, and adhered onto the back side,
- Snowflake Sequins laid over the trees and deer
- adhesive backing pulled off the bottom edge of the shaker dome, and Basic Black CS layer glued onto the front of the card base, so the sequins are trapped under the shaker dome
- NOTE: Be sure you press well to seal around the shaker dome. I left it a bit loose and the sequins stick to the edges.
- detailed base adhered onto the solid base using Snail, then adhered onto the Basic Black CS layer using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- front sentiment adhered onto the die cut Silver Foil, then the foil adhered onto the Basic Black CS layer using Black Stampin’ Dimensionals
- second deer adhered onto the Whisper White CS for the inside of the card base using Snail, and any excess trimmed away using Paper Snips
- Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
<– Click here for a clickable and printable list!
Preorder the Monster Bash Online Treat Holder Class by September 18:
- Make 6 adorable treat holders in the comfort of your own home!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Monster Bash Suite on pages 52-54 of the 2019 Holiday Catalog
- I’ve done the trimming and scoring for you!
- You’ll receive the stamp set, dies, pre-cut kits, and Black Stampin’ Dimensionals.
- Full detailed instructions
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/monster-bash-treat-holder-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code 6TNW9P6Z – receive free product!
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!