It’s time for the InKing Royalty Blog Hop for June! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by popular songs, and this month’s theme song is “Here Comes the Sun.”As you can guess, our Blog Hop today is filled with projects that are inspired by the joy of the summer sun. We are excited to share our creations with you today! After you read my post, I hope you’ll hop over to the next person on the list at the base of this post. I chose the new stamp set aptly named Sunny Days for my card. The new In Color called Pineapple Punch the perfect color for sunshine. It’s so very bright and cheerful, you can’t help but smile. And Balmy Blue makes a sweet soft sky.
Here’s the song by George Harrison:
Here’s my sunny card:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Balmy Blue card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
- Pineapple Punch CS cut to 4″ x 4″
- Optional: Whisper White CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card
Dry embossed using the Subtle Dynamic Embossing Folder:
- the front of the Balmy Blue card base
Stamped with the Sunny Days stamp set:
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto a scrap of Balmy Blue CS, then heat embossed in Pineapple Punch
- tiny suns in Pineapple Punch ink onto the Pineapple Punch CS layer
Cut using the Starburst Punch:
Assembled the card:
- fold in card base burnished using a Bone Folder
- Pineapple Punch CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Whisper White Solid Twine wrapped several times around the front of the card base and tied in a bow
- sentiment glued onto the back of a colored doily (It doesn’t matter which color. They’re all white on the back.)
- sentiment and doily glued onto the card front, over the twine
- Optional: You can glue a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece of Whisper White CS onto the inside of the card base, but the Balmy Blue is light enough to write on without it.
Here’s the hop:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Nina King at InkPaperSequins
- Imogene Thomas at MomoMakes.com
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <——————— YOU ARE HERE!
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Sandra Cornejo at Madly Crafting
- Sheryl Sharp at Sharp Notes by Sheryl
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Rachael Shedeed at Bluebonnet Stampin’
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s some stuff you should check out:
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- June Host Code 9K74TMW4– receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free product!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!