On the TA September Blog Hop, we are sharing some of our favorite products from the 2017 Holiday Catalog. It’s impossible for me to narrow it down to just one…or two…or three… But for today I decided to go with the Merry Little Christmas Mega Suite.
There are so many wonderfully coordinated products in this suite, for card making AND gift wrapping! It includes the Merry Little Labels Bundle (Merry Little Labels stamp set and Everyday Label Punch,) the Carols of Christmas Bundle (Carols of Christmas stamp set and Card Front Builder Thinlits Dies,) Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP) and coordinating 12″ x 12″ card stock (CS) pack, Merry Music Specialty DSP, 7/8″ Striped Ribbon, Acetate Card Boxes, Green Sprigs, Jute Twine, and Mini Ornaments. Holy cow, that’s a lot of cool stuff!
Here’s what I made:
I used some of the products from the Mega Suite to make this gift box
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- 12″ x 12″ Kraft card stock (CS) scored 3″ from each side, then one score line at each corner cut (the center section should be 6″ x 6″)
- Merry Little Christmas Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 9-9/16″ x 9-9/16″, then scored 1-3/4″ from each side, then one score line at each corner cut (the center section should be 6-1/16″ x 6-1/16″)
- This is the same basic diagram for both pieces. Cut solid lines and score dotted lines.
Stamped with the Merry Little Labels stamp set:
- sentiment in Basic Black ink onto a scrap of Kraft CS
Die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits:
- sentiment with an oval die
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits:
- scalloped oval from Basic Black CS, just a little bigger than the sentiment oval
Assembled the box:
- folded all score lines on both pieces of paper and burnished with a Bone Folder
- glued the tab at each corner to the inside of the adjacent side – do this for all four corner and for both pieces of paper
- put the lid on the box, then wrapped Jute Twine around it and tied a bow
- glued the sentiment oval onto the Basic Black CS scalloped oval
- adhered the sentiment to the top of the box using Stampin’ Dimensionals, being careful not to put any along the center, so the twine can slide underneath
Here’s the hop:
Here are today’s colors:
Click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the Merry Little Christmas Mega Suite: