Need an inexpensive gift in a hurry for someone who loves Christmas and chocolates? Today’s gift box is just what you need. I love this big, bold sentiment from the Tags & Trimmings stamp set heat embossed in gold, but of course, you can use any sentiment you’d like. You can also change the word inside to any word with at least one O, like Noel, Mom, Wow, Boo, Robert,…
This month’s blog hop theme is A December to Remember. We are highlighting Christmas cards and gifts. After you check out my post, be sure to check out everyone else on the hop.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Real Red card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 11-1/2″ and scored 1-1/2″ from each of the four sides, for the box
- Real Red CS cut to 4-1/16″ x 10-1/16″ and scored 3/4″ from each of the four sides, for the lid
- Chocolate Chip CS cut to 2-1/4″ x 8-1/4″ for a layer on the lid
- Real Red CS cut to 2″ x 8″ for a layer on the lid
- Real Red CS cut to 3-7/16″ x 9-7/16″ and scored 1/2″ from each of the four sides, for the insert
Stamped with the Tags & Trimmings stamp set:
- “Enjoy” in Versamark ink onto the Real Red layer for the lid, then heat embossed in gold
Die cut using the Large Letters Framelits:
- three Hs from a Gold Foil Sheet
Cut using the 1-3/8″” Circle Punch:
- 3 circles from a contrasting scrap of paper
- laid the die cut Hs and the punched circles on the insert to determine where they should go
- glued the Hs in place
- punched the 3 circles from the insert – fold under the 1/2″ side to get the CS all the way into the punch
- 3 circles from a scrap of a Gold Foil Sheet, leaving enough room to stamp around the holes with the larger punch*
Cut with the 1-3/4″ Circle Punch:
- the 3 gold foil circles, to make rings*
Assembled the box:
- The box, lid, and insert are all put together the same way:
- a) burnished all score lines with a bone folder for nice crisp corners
- b) glued the tabs to the inside of the adjacent side
- set insert into the box (no adhesive required)
- glued gold rings around each hole
- added candies to the holes – I put one Mini Glue Dot under each so they would stick to the bottom of the box and not move around in case the box was jostled.
- put the lid on the box
Here’s how to get to the next stop on the hop:
Here are today’s colors:
Click on each one to see all the products that come in/with that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key things to remember:
- Year End Sales Event – December 1, 2017 to January 2, 2018 – CLICK HERE for details
- This is a great time to join my team! With the demonstrator discount of at least 20%, you can get Christmas gifts for all the stampers on your list! CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 404-661-5222
- Sale-a-bration Stamp Fest coming January 20. Details and register HERE
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers are now available! Click HERE for more info.
- Hostess Code for the month of December (HS67FXTS) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- December’s FREE gift: Year of Cheer Specialty Washi Tape – Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!