Here’s another faceted gift box (see the first one I made here.) For this one I used the Balloon Celebration and the Thoughtful Banners stamp sets, as well as the Stitched Shapes Thinlits and the Layering Squares Framelits. These boxes are are so easy to make, but they’re a real show stopper.
Here’s what I made:
I used a White Cigno Gel Pen to draw the stitch lines, forgetting that it was a retired item. You can certainly use the White Chalk Marker that is still available. The scrap of paper below has the White Chalk Marker on the left and the Gel Pen on the right.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Rich Razzleberry card stock (CS) cut to 7-7/8″ x 11-1/2″
- measuring along the short side, scored at 2-1/2″, 4-5/8″, 7-1/8″
- rotated 90° counterclockwise, so the skinniest section was at the top, then scored only down to the second score line (crossed one score line and stopped at the second) at 2-1/2″, 5″, 7-1/2″, 10″
- rotated 180° and scored only down to the first score line at 1/4″, 2-3/4″, 5-1/4″, 7-3/4″, 10-1/4″
Scored using Stylus and a ruler:
- diagonal lines as shown in the first diagram
All lines in this 1st diagram were scored, then the solid lines were cut and the dotted lines were left intact.
Cut with my Paper Snips (see diagram below):
- all grey areas cut away
- cut through all solid score lines, and left dotted score lines intact
- folded all score lines and burnished with a Bone Folder
This 2nd diagram shows where to cut, and where to adhere sides of box together.
Made triangles for sides:
- traced around one of the triangular box sides to create a template
- trimmed 1/8″ off each side of the new triangle template
- used template to cut 8 triangles from Sweet Sugarplum CS
Use White Chalk Marker:
- to draw stitched lines around the 8 Sweet Sugarplum CS triangles
Stamped using the Balloon Celebration stamp set:
- balloon in Sweet Sugarplum ink onto Whisper White CS
Stamped using the Thoughtful Banners stamp set:
- sentiment in Rich Razzleberry ink over the stamped balloon
Die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits:
- stamped image
Die cut using the Layering Squares Framelits:
- Rich Razzleberry CS to go under the sentiment
Assembled the faceted box:
- 8 Sweet Sugarplum triangles glued to the triangular sides of the box
- stamped square glued to Rich Razzleberry square
- Rich Razzleberry square glued to box top
- applied adhesive to the triangle in yellow and stuck it to the inside of the green area (see diagram above)
- folded in all four bottom flaps of the box and glued them together
- folded in the 3 top pieces of the box, tucking in the tab.
- Note 1: the two side flaps were trimmed down just a bit, to help it close, but left long enough to overlap each other.
- Note 2: I snipped the small tab at an angle on each side ever so slightly so it would tuck into the angled box
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 9am-5pm
Candy’s Stampin’ Studio in Atlanta, GA
You’ll have 8 hours with no kids, no pets, no job, no worries – just stamping and shopping with friends!
Register here by May 20. Prepayment is necessary to make sure I have enough of everything on hand. Space is limited so register soon. Also, the earlier you register, the more prize drawing tickets you will receive at the door!
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
for the brand new
2017-2018 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Papers
will be available beginning June 1!
Gum Ball Rewards
You always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See the Gum Ball Rewards page for details.
Click here to shop my online store!
April Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
April’s gift is a pack of Urban Underground Embellishments! Each pack contains 24 brushed silver embellishments – 8 each of 3 designs. (I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!