Happy Independence Day, America! Today is one of the most popular holidays in the United States. It’s in the summer, when most kids are out of school, and many companies shut down for the week. The beaches, lakes, parks, and backyards are filled with people swimming and barbecuing. There are fireworks displays once it gets dark. I’m celebrating the holiday by sharing a patriotic project with you today. Check out this crate full of red, white, and blue balloons.
These are perfect for party favors or even to use as place cards – just add a tag with the person’s name!
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Die cut using the Wood Crate Framelits:
- 2 of the crate shapes from Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP)
Stamped with the Wood Words stamp set:
- stars in Real Red and Pacific Point inks onto the sides of the DSP crate pieces
Stamped with the Balloon Celebration stamp set:
- balloons in Real Red, Pacific Point and Smoky Slate inks onto Whisper White card stock (CS)
- NOTE: I stamped off before stamping some of the Real Red and Pacific Point balloons
Cut using the Balloon Bouquet Punch:
- stamped balloons
- same number and sizes of balloons from Whisper White CS
Assembled the project:
- bottoms of the two crate pieces glued onto together
- flaps glued to the inside of the ends of the crate
- balloons arranges and glued together
- Whisper White Bakers Twine taped to the back of each stamped balloon, and wrapped around the bottom of the three balloons at the bottom of the cluster
- a piece of craft wire taped to the back of the balloon cluster, and bent at a 90 degree angle so I could tape it to the inside bottom of the crate
- Whisper White balloons glued to the backs of the stamped balloons, to cover the tape and wire. You could also trace around the whole balloon cluster onto a large piece of CS, cut it out with scissors, and glue it to the back.
- twine pieces tied onto the bottom part of the wire, to pull them taut (but not too taut or it will come apart)
- wire and twine taped to the inside bottom of the crate
- crate filled with whatever you like: candies, popcorn, small gifts, etc. (This was one of the items I made for a display board, so it had to be light enough to be held up with velcro. I stuffed it with two Easter bunny tails I just happened to have on hand.)
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
For every $50 you spend in July, you get a $5 coupon to spend in August! Click here for details.
If you join my team in July, you will receive $72 EXTRA FREE PRODUCT! There is no obligation to sell. There’s no risk at all! Click here for the details.
Plus if you join now, you’ll be able to preorder items from the upcoming Holiday Catalog in July and August!
July Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $150. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the FREE gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the FREE gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
July’s FREE gift is a pack of 3″ x 6″ Gusseted Cellophane Bags! Use these bags for treat or gift bags. Just pop the treat or gift into one of our shiny cellophane bags and add a stamped header. These bags are also great for storing finished projects, parts for future projects, or any other odds and ends
* 25 gusseted bags
* 3″ x 6″ (7.6 x 15.2 cm)
* Stampable with StazOn ink
* Food safe
* Acid free
(I can ship within US only.)
“No Contact” orders are not eligible for the free gift.
Click here to shop my online store!
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
for the brand new
2017-2018 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Papers
are available to order TODAY ONLY!
Click here to order yours now!