Today I’m sharing a lip balm holder I made with Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper. I also used the Copper Trim and Acorn Trinkets from the Gilded Autumn Suite Collection. This holder fits any standard size lip balm, like Burt’s Bees, ChapStick, etc. The finished dimensions of the closed holder are 3/4″ x 3/4″ x 2-3/4″. I gave you a sneak peek of it a few days ago, in the post about the coordinating card. You can see that post here.
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S Gilded Gilded Gilded Gilded
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Gilded Autumn Designer Series Paper (DSP) layer cut to 3-1/4″ x 4-1/2″, and scored and cut according to the diagram
- cut solid lines, score dotted lines, and remove green areas
- click the diagram to view larger
Assembled the holder:
- burnished all the folds in the DSP with a Bone Folder
- long 1/4″ tab on the side glued onto the inside of the the opposite side to form the box
- bottom flaps folded in and glued together to form the bottom
- lip balm dropped into the box
- side flaps closed and lid closed and tab tucked in
- 2″ length of Tear & Tape folded in half, so it’s only 1/8″ wide x 2″ long, then applied onto the back and two sides of the box
- NOTE: I used the pointy end of my Take Your Pick tool to open the Tear & Tape back up after folding it over onto itself.
- center of ribbon adhered on the back of the box and wrapped around the two sides, covering the Tear & Tape
- acorn trinket threaded onto the ribbon, then the ribbon tied in a bow
- glue dot applied behind the bow, using a Take Your Pick tool, to hold it in place
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Two ways to save in September!
Buy the Starter Kit and receive even more! It’s already the best deal: $99 for $125 in product of your choice plus Free shipping! In September you will also receive the Queen Anne’s Lace stamp set, the So Much Love stamp set, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, and 16 precut card kits! Wow! This is the perfect time to work on your wish list of Stampin’ Up! products! CLICK HERE for more details.
Buy the new Stampin’ Cut & Emboss Machine (standard size) from me by September 30 and I will give you a Magnetic Cutting Plate FREE! You’ll save almost $30! CLICK HERE for more details and to order.
Mystery Stamping Party!
Go ahead and click the image above to join the Facebook group now. A few days before the party I will post what you will need to complete the mystery card. On September 23 at 8:00pm ET, I will begin posting clues you can follow to create the card. We’ll also have games and prizes! And it’s all FREE!
World Card Making Day 2020:
- Join me for an afternoon of Bingo, cardmaking, prizes, and fun!
- October 3 at 2:00 pm ET
- See details and register HERE by September 25
- $25 (extra Bingo cards available for $5 each)
- Tell your friends! The more people who register, the bigger the prizes!
Here are some helpful links:
- September Host Code YPXPD4Q2 – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscription or subscribe month-to-month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!