I love orangettes. I mean I LOOOOVE them. Little strips of candied orange peel dipped in high quality dark chocolate have to be one of my favorite treats ever! I recently finished off a box of them from Maison du Chocolat and thought the heavy red box was way too nice to just through out. So I pulled out all the inserts that held the orangettes, covered the lid with Be Merry Designer Series Paper, and added a couple tags made with the Merry Little Labels bundle. Voila! A nice box that still has just a hint of a chocolate scent.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- measured the box lid across the top in both directions (3″ x 10-1/2″), down the side (1-1/8″), and around to the inside 1″, and came up with 7-1/4″ x 14-1/4″
- Be Merry Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 7-1/4″ x 14-1/4″
- NOTE: You have to cut the paper on the diagonal to get the long measurement. Don’t worry if the corners are clipped a little bit – that part will be inside the box.
- scored the DSP along the short side at 1 “, 2-1/8″, 5-1/8″ and 6-1/4”
- scored the DSP along the long side at 1 “, 2-1/8″, 12-1/8″ and 13-1/4”
- cut along the score lines at each short end to the second score line
Stamped with the Merry Little Tags stamp set:
- For/From tag in Garden Green ink onto a scrap of Whisper White card stock (CS)
- Note: before stamping onto the CS, I wiped the green ink off of the berry parts of the stamp and colored them with a Real Red Stampin’ Write Marker
- No Peeking tag onto a scrap of Real Red CS in Versamark ink, then heat embossed in white
Cut using the Everyday Label Punch:
- both tags
Cut using the 1/16″ Circle Punch:
- one hole at the top of each tag, to hang it by
Assembled the box:
- DSP glued onto the box lid, on top first, then down the long sides, then down the ends, and then around and up the inside of all 4 sides
- two pieces of 1/8″ ribbon (about 20″) wrapped around the box and tied a bow
- the two tags attached to the ribbon with Gold Thread
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here are some key points to remember:
- Online Extravaganza only lasts through November 26. Don’t miss these deals! 10-40% off! Click HERE to shop.
- Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers are now available! Click HERE for more info.
- Hostess Code for the month of November (JBHB42YT)
Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- November’s FREE gift: Stitched Felt Embellishments
Find out more HERE.
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!