I do have a project to share with you today, a cute little outhouse (yep, that’s what I said) but first I want to tell you about my upcoming Stamp Camp. I’m very excited about it. You’ll have 8 hours with no kids, no pets, no job, no worries – just stamping and shopping with friends!
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 9am-5pm
Candy’s Stampin’ Studio in Atlanta, GA
Register here by May 20. Prepayment is necessary to make sure I have enough of everything on hand. Space is limited so register soon. Also, the earlier you register, the more prize drawing tickets you will receive at the door!
And now, todays project. I made a bunch of products for the OnStage display board using the new Wood Textures Suite. When I saw the crescent moon shaped die, I knew I had to make an outhouse. I mean, isn’t that the first thing that came to your mind? No? Just me? Well anyway, check it out. I thinks it’s cute as can be.
Here’s what I made:
Die cut using the Home Sweet Home Thinlits:
- 2 pieces of Wood Textures Designer Series Paper (DSP) with the house die
- 1 piece of scrap card stock (CS) with the house die
Die cut using the Wood Crate Framelits:
- moon out of one DSP door
Created a template for the inside:
- cut the door off of the CS piece, then cut off the top half of the door
- traced around the bottom part of the door on another piece of scrap CS
- measured and used a ruler to draw the rest of the template: sides, top, and bottom
- cut another piece of the DSP with my Paper Snips, using the template
- cut the hole for the “seat” with the 3/4″ Circle Punch
Made the grass for around the outhouse:
- cut pieces of Old Olive CS to fit around the bottom of the house
- used Paper Snips to cut cut cut all the grass blades, being sure not to cut all the way through to the other edge
- crumpled the blades with my fingers
Made the toilet paper:
- I used a scrap of Whisper White CS (approximately 1/2″ x 8″)
- used a Smoky Slate Stampin’ Write Marker to draw tiny “perforations” along about 1-1/2″ or so of one end
- put a tiny bead of glue down the side without perforations, leaving about 3/4″ at the end without glue
- roll up with your fingers (you might find it helpful to wrap it around a wooden skewer to get it started) leaving the “perforated” end free
Assembled the outhouse:
- two DSP die cuts glued together to make the house, leaving open the side that has the moon
- insert folded into shape and glued inside the house
- toilet paper roll glued to the seat
- grass pieces glued to the sides of the house
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
These items will be available to purchase on June 1, 2017:
- Wood Textures DSP, Item #144177
- Wood Crate Framelits, Item # 143730 (also available in a bundle with the Wood Words stamp set to save you 10%!)
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
for the brand new
2017-2018 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Papers
will be available beginning June 1!
Gum Ball Rewards
You always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See the Gum Ball Rewards page for details.
Click here to shop my online store!
April Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
April’s gift is a pack of Urban Underground Embellishments! Each pack contains 24 brushed silver embellishments – 8 each of 3 designs. (I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!