I like to decorate my whole house for Halloween. I even want the tissue boxes to be Halloweeny. The Spooky Night Designer Series Paper with witch hats on it seemed perfect for a cute and festive, yet spooky tissue box cover. And it’s so easy, you just won’t believe it. It’s almost like wrapping a gift. This is one of the vertical cube-like tissue boxes (about 4-1/2″ on each side and 5″ tall) but you can certainly apply the same method to the long, horizontal boxes.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Spooky Night Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 12″ x 4-1/2″
- DSP cut to 6-1/2″ x 4-1/2″
- DSP cut to 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ for the top
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits:
- Selected three sized of oval dies, the smallest of which was almost as big at the hole in the top of the box
- Pumpkin Pie card stock (CS) cut with the middle sized die, then the center cut out with the smallest die
- Basic Black CS cut with the largest die, then the center cut out with the smallest die
- cut a hole in the center of the 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of DSP with the smallest of the three dies
Assembled the cover:
- Be sure not to make the cover too tight, or it will be too difficult to remove it and put it on a new box
- the two 4-1/2″ strips of DSP wrapped around the box and glued together at both ends – be careful not to glue the DSP to the box itself, unless you want it to be permanent, instead of a removable box cover
- the 8-1/2″ x 8-1/2″ piece of DSP centered on top of the box and folded down the sides, then burnished the creases with a bone folder
- cut one crease line at each corner with Paper Snips, then put it back on top of the box with the first DSP pieces wrapped around the sides of the box – be sure the sides pieces go all the way down to the bottom of the box
- glue the folded over bits of DSP to the sides, tucking the corner pieces under the adjacent side.
- adhered ribbon with Tear & Tape, being sure to cover the seam where the two pieces of DSP meet.
- Pumpkin Pie CS oval glued onto the Basic Black CS oval, lining up the center holes
- Basic Black CS oval glued onto the top of the DSP box cover, lining up the center holes
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Shop and help those affected by
Hurricanes Harvey & Irma
I will donate 20% of my September sales to the American Red Cross for Hurricane Harvey & Irma Relief.
Please help make a difference. CLICK HERE to shop now.
There’s a brand new stamp set that isn’t in any catalog. You can’t buy it, but you can get if for free with a qualifying order! You can host a party, or place your own order, or join under me and get a 20% discount on your demonstrator order.
Here’s a video from Stampin’ Up!:
Here are the details:
- Promotion period: September 1–October 31
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after October 31
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $300 (before tax and shipping)
- There is no limit to the number of times the Merry Patterns Stamp Set may be earned, but only one set can be redeemed per qualifying order
- Demonstrator, Customer, Workshop, and online orders qualify
- Orders must be closed by:
- October 31 at 10:50 PM (PT)
- October 31 at 11:50 PM (MT)
- November 1 at 12:50 AM (CT)
- November 1 at 1:50 AM (ET)
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set is in addition to Stampin’ Rewards
- The Merry Patterns Stamp Set may not be exchanged for another stamp set
Here are the samples from the video:
September Host Code
Create a beautiful quilt pattern background with this Embossing Folder.It’s easy to make a great impression! Just place flat cardstock in this embossing folder, run it through the Big Shot, and out comes cardstock with a bold textured design.* 1 folder
* 6″ x 6″ (15.2 x 15.2 cm)
* Use with Big Shot
Watch this video on the Quilted Christmas Suite in the new Holiday Catalog
Use the Host Code on your online orders under $150. You can see how to use a Host Code here.
Orders between $75 and $149.99, using the Host Code, will receive my FREE Gift of the Month. Orders of $150 and above will automatically receive the gift – do no use the Host Code.
I can ship only within the United States. “No contact” orders are not eligible.
CLICK HERE to shop in my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!