The frogs are back! Today I’m sharing a tissue box cover made from the Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper, and yes, I used the frogs again. I can’t help it; it’s my favorite design in the pack. This little cutie will sit in our downstairs bathroom until and during our Halloween party.
Here’s what I made:
Frogs! Just look at these fun little critters. Aren’t they a hoot? They make me smile.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
These measurements are for the tissues I have on hand, which are Kleenex brand. In the diagrams below, score along the dotted lines, and cut along the solid lines.
- Basic Black card stock (CS) cut to 6-9/16″ x 6-9/16″, then scored 1″ from each edge
- NOTE: The lid piece is 6-1/2″, but adding 1/16″ helps make sure it will fit over the body of the cover nicely.
- Toil & Trouble Designer Series Paper (DSP) cut to 5-1/4″ x 9-1/2″, then scored at 4-1/2″ and 9″ (2 pieces)
Die cut using the Layering Ovals Framelits:
- used 3 dies – I’ll call them small, medium, and large – the small should be about the size of the hole in the tissue box
- a scrap of Whisper White CS cut using the medium die
- a scrap of Granny Apple Green CS cut using the large die
- centers cut from both the Whisper White and Granny Apple Green CS ovals, using the small die – this creates 2 oval frames
- hole cut from the center of the Basic Black CS lid using the small die (fold in two of the sides so it will fit better through the Big Shot, and so it’s easier to line up the die.
Cut using Paper Snips:
- one score line at each corner of the Basic Black CS lid, cut only 1″ to the first score line, to create a tab at each corner
Assembled the tissue box cover:
- burnished the folds in all three large pieces with a Bone Folder
- small flap of each DSP piece adhered onto the inside of the other DSP piece using Tear & Tape, to create a four sided box (with no top or bottom at this point)
- NOTE: looking at the graphic above, adhere A to A, and B to B
- Granny Apple Green oval frame glued onto the top of the lid, lining up the inside edges of the holes
- Whisper White oval frame glued onto the Granny Apple Green oval frame, lining the inside edges of the holes
- corner tabs on the lid glued to the inside of the adjacent side, to create the four sides of the lid
- lay down the lid, inside up, and insert the top of the DSP box *
- put a small amount of glue inside the sides of the lid, between the DSP and the lid
- lay the whole thing on one side at a time, pressing down on the inside to make sure the box and lid adhere well
- slide down over a box of tissues
* You may notice in the photo above that I glued the lid onto the bottom of the DSP box. You can tell because the frogs are upside down. Oops. Here’s what I can do, if it bothers me enough
- create another lid
- turn over the cover, so the frogs are right side up, and drop the tissue box down into the lid
- put the new lid on top – not gluing it to the DSP cover, so I can reuse it when the tissues run out
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s the Dashing Along September special:
Only 1 week left!
- Receive one pack of Dashing Along Designer Series Paper with any $250 order in September!
- Perfect for layering, this beautiful, traditional Christmas paper includes a mix of old favorites and new patterns to create a festive, eclectic feel.
- Item number 149903
- 12 sheets: 3 double-sided sheets (6 total designs); 4 sheets of each design – perfect for making lots of Christmas cards!
- 12″ x 12″
- Promotion period: September 1–30
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper is exclusive to this promotion and will not be available after September 30.
- In order to qualify, the event merchandise total must reach $250 (before shipping and handling).
- One package of Designer Series Paper may be redeemed per qualifying order, with no limit on how many packages of Designer Series Paper can be earned.
- Demonstrator, Customer, Workshop, and online orders qualify.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be redeemed using Stampin’ Rewards. You will receive this FREE gift with a qualifying order in addition to any Stampin’ Rewards you may earn.
- Dashing Along Designer Series Paper may not be exchanged for other paper.
Here’s some more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- September Host Code NGABG9PN – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!