Welcome to the 06-2020 IRBH! This month we are featuring projects with a 4th of July theme. When you first look at my card, you may wonder what it has to do with America’s Independence Day holiday, other than the obvious sentiment. It’s purple instead of red, white, and blue – wait, what?
I started to make a more traditionally hued card, I really did, but I just couldn’t find my mojo. I started looking through my stamp sets for inspiration and realized I was humming “America the Beautiful.” Just when I got to the line “purple mountain majesties” my eyes fell upon the Mountain Air stamp set. Light bulb! So I used the Mountain Air stamp set to create a scene of purple mountains, along with a purple lake and a purple sky. I imagined one of those sunsets with vibrant purple at the bottom (you know the ones I’m talking about, right?) that casts its purple glow on everything for a brief moment.
Be sure to visit all the stops on the hop! You don’t want to miss any of the great projects this group has to share!
If you are reading this in email, some photos may appear blurry, or may not appear at all. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
S 06-2020 IRBH 06-2020 IRBH 06-2020 IRBH 06-2020 IRBH 06-2020 IRBH
Here’s what I made for the 06-2020 IRBH:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my paper trimmer:
- Gorgeous Grape card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Purple Posy CS layer cut to 5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″
- Whisper White Thick CS cut to 4″ x 1-1/8″
- Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside of the card base
Stamped with the Mountain Air stamp set:
- trees/water and first row of mountains in Gorgeous Grape ink across the center of the Purple Posy CS layer
- second row of mountains in Highland Heather ink above the first row
- third row of mountains in Highland Heather ink, stamped off once, above the second row
- mountains upside down in the water in Highland Heather ink, stamped off once
- inked up just the bottom (water) part of the tree/water stamp with Gorgeous Grape ink and stamped below the original water stamp
Stamped with the Make a Difference stamp set:
- “Happy 4th” in Gorgeous Grape ink onto the strip of Whisper White Thick CS
Cut using the Timeless Label Punch:
- both ends of the sentiment – I inserted each end down into the back of the punch to cut.
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Purple Posy CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- sentiment adhered onto the Purple Posy CS layer using Stampin’ Dimensonals
- 5-1/4″ x 4″ Whisper White CS glued onto the inside of the card base
Here’s the 4th of July 06-2020 IRBH:
Thank you for hopping along with us. I hope you’ll hop along to the next stop on the hop, Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations. There’s an awful lot of inspiration to be found in this group, and you don’t want to miss any of it!
If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Ann Murray at Murray Stamps Ink
- Joanne Brown at Stamping with JoJo
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Linda Krueger at The Stamp Coach
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <—– YOU ARE HERE!
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
Did you know?
Inspired by a trip to Pikes Peak in 1893, Katherine Lee Bates (1859-1929) wrote the poem America the Beautiful, which first appeared in print on July 4, 1895 in The Congregationalist, a weekly journal. Ms. Bates revised the lyrics in 1904 and again in 1913. It has 8 verses! Click here to download it.
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase. If you are reading this post in email, the product images may not show up. Please click here to see the post on my blog.
Supply List. <— Click for a clickable and printable list of the products!
Here are some helpful links:
- June Host Code DXD9JX2S – receive free product!
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Request a free catalog
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and/or daily blog updates.
- Paper Pumpkin: buy a Prepaid Subscriptionor subscribe month to month
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact mefor details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook groupfor exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases! You choose $125 in products and pay only $99, and get free shipping! No obligation! No selling required!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!