It’s time for the A Paper Pumpkin Thing (APPT) Blog Hop! This month’s kit is called To You and Yours, and it makes 10 awesome Christmas/holiday cards. I used it to make an alternate card and treat box. I only used items from the kit, except for the following: Garden Green ink pad, one Clear Tiny Treat Box, one piece of Garden Green card stock and two pieces of Striped Burlap Trim.
The kit comes with card layers in two different plaid designs. The envelopes are lined with a third plaid design, which is what I used on my projects today.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Garden Green card stock (CS) cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″
- plaid paper from the inside of an envelope cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″
- plaid paper from the inside of an envelope cut to 2″ x 6″
- card base cut to 2″ x 8″, making sure the original score line is at the 4″ mark, then scoring at 2″ and 6″
- die cut label cut in half
Stamped with the kit’s stamp set:
- “For You” in Cherry Cobbler ink onto the right end of a die cut banner
- “Happy” in Cherry Cobbler ink and “Holidays” in Garden Green ink onto the bottom half of the die cut label
Cut with a 1/2″ Circle Punch:
- a half moon shape from one end of the 2″ x 8″ piece, to match up with the finger notch of the treat box
Assembled the card:
- burnished the fold in the card base with a Bone Folder
- Garden Green CS layer glued onto the front of a card base
- plaid paper layer glued onto the Garden Green CS layer
- the stamped half of the die cut label layered over the other half, to shorten it, and glued onto the plaid layer
- I had to draw a line so you could see where the two halves of the label overlap:
- burlap trim adhered onto the plaid layer, hiding the seam in the label
- 5 die cut sprigs bundled and tied together using a piece of Cherry Cobbler trim, then adhered to the plaid layer and burlap trim
Assembled the box:
- assembled the treat box
- burnished the folds in the 2″ strip cut from plaid paper, and in the 2″ strip cut from a card base
- plaid strip inserted into the treat box side to side
- the other strip inserted into the treat box front to back, lining up the finger notch in the front
- put the goodies in and closed the lid (I used Hershey’s Kisses. You can see from the photos I got it just a little too full. It’s bulging a little.)
- 10″ piece of burlap trim wrapped around the box and the ends adhered together, but not to the box, so it can slip on and off
- 5 die cut sprigs bundled and tied together using a piece of Cherry Cobbler trim, then adhered to the ribbon on top of the box
- “For You” banner slipped under the ribbon
Here’s the To You and Yours Blog Hop:
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used, other than what came in the kit:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s where to see even more alternative projects for this month’s kit:
Here’s how to get 2019 Occasions/Sale-a-bration items early!
- Become a Candy Heart!
- Join my team and you can order the new products right in December, instead of having to wait another month!
- No selling required! I welcome Hobby Demos! (Hobby Demos join to get the discount for themselves.)
- CLICK HERE for the details!
Here’s the beautiful Snowflake Showcase!
The Happiness Surrounds stamp set can be used all year long!
You get 20 dies in the Snowfall Thinlits! 20!!! And they go with both stamp sets, so they can be used all year long.
Look at these adorable Snowflake Trinkets embellishments! They’re flat so they’re great for cards. I even made a pair of earrings!
Click on the images below to see more details and to purchase the Snowflake Showcase items:
The White Velveteen Paper mentioned in the video is sold out and no longer available.
Here’s even more cool stuff you should check out:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- Click here for your free catalog.
- Join my team to get a discount on your stamping supplies!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- November Host Code 92BH36G7 – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!