The theme for the ICS May Blog Hop is “It’s A Girl Thing!” Send this sweet quilted card to your mom, sister, aunt, grandmother – whoever you want to give a warm toasty feeling to. After all, there’s no toastier spot than under a handmade quilt…unless maybe there’s also a cat on top…or a dog…but I digress. I used the Homemade For You stamp set for the sentiment, the Stitched Shapes Framelits for the quilted squares, and the Layering Squares Framelits for the scalloped edging.
Here’s what I made:
Be sure to check out the next stop on the hop, Joni Metras! Just click the arrow.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Sweet Sugarplum card stock (CS) cut to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored in half at 5-1/2″
Stamped with the Homemade For You stamp set:
- sentiment in Versamark ink onto a small piece of Sugarplum CS, then heat embossed it in white
Die cut using the Stitched Shapes Framelits:
- 9 pieces of Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) with the smallest square die
For the Whisper White Mat:
- Whisper White CS cut with largest scalloped die in Layering Squares Framelits
- several strips of Whisper White CS cut using the same die (see photo)
- large scalloped square cut into fourths with Stampin’ Trimmer (or you can use Paper Snips) being sure to cut between the scallops
- laid out pieces to determine how long the scalloped strips needed to be on each side
- scalloped strips cut to length, being sure to cut between scallops
- taped the mat outline together ( I used very skinny strips of scotch tape, which don’t show in the photo)
Cut with Circle Punches:
- sentiment with 1″ punch
- Mint Macaron CS with 1-1/4″ punch
Assembled the card:
- DSP squares glued (3 squares wide x 4 squares tall) to a piece of Whisper White CS, then the excess CS cut from the edges with Stampin’ Trimmer, to create the quilt piece
- quilt glued around the edges onto mat outline (here it is face down)
- scraps of Whisper White CS glued to back of DSP to make the mat layer the same all over
- mat glued to card base front
- embossed sentiment circle glued onto Mint Macaron circle, and adhered to DSP with Stampin’ Dimensionals
- wooden Sending Love Embellishments glued to DSP
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Saturday, June 3, 2017, 9am-5pm
You’ll have 8 hours with no kids, no pets, no job, no worries – just fun with friends stamping and shopping!
Register here by May 20. Prepayment is necessary to make sure I have enough of everything on hand. Space is limited so register soon. Also, the earlier you register, the more prize drawing tickets you will receive at the door!
Eastern Palace Bundles
The 2017-2018 Annual Catalog goes live June 1, but you can order the brand new Eastern Palace Bundles now, just like we Demonstrators can! Through May 31, you can order these exclusive bundles, and get a head start on making beautiful projects with these amazing new products. Included in this early release are three of the new In Colors: Fresh Fig, Lemon Lime Twist, and Tranquil Tide.
Get them now by clicking on the images below:
May Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the FREE gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the FREE gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
May’s FREE gift is a pack of Metallic Enamel Shapes. Each pack contains:
- 100 enamel shapes, 50 each in gold and silver foil.
- 1 sheet per color: gold and silver
- Each sheet has 15 mini circles, 10 small circles, 10 hearts, and 15 stars.
(I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Swatch Books & Paper Shares
for the brand new
2017-2018 Annual Catalog
Designer Series Papers
are coming soon!
I can start taking orders May 25, and I’ll begin shipping them out the first week of June.
Click here for more details!
Gum Ball Rewards
15% OFF Spring Catalog Sale
Need to organize your craft space? Stamp-n-Storage is having a sale!
We are celebrating spring with our Spring Catalog Sale! Save 15% OFF your entire purchase excluding Starter Kits. Just add the coupon code: SPRING2017 during the checkout process.
2017 Spring sale offers 15% off Stamp-n-Storage products (excluding Starter Kits) and will go through Monday, May 15.
Special $250 giveaway for Mother’s Day called #InspiredByMom.
Click here for details.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!