The Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) has become one of my favorites. The colors are soft and serene, and the designs are just lovely. It’s even featured in the ICS Blog Hop banner below. Today’s card features it, along with the Oh, So Succulent stamp set, AND I’m giving away a pack of precut 4″ x 5-1/4″ pieces of it as Blog Candy! Scroll down for details on how to win.
I’ve probably mentioned this before, but I think it’s worth mentioning again – the Oh So Succulent stamp set is available in a bundle with the Succulent Framelits Dies to save you 10%!
Thank you for joining us for the Inspire, Create, & Share Blog Hop! This month the theme is Free for All! Every stop on the hop will feature a great project of the stamper’s choice. That means a lot of inspiration and fun ideas are in store for you as you hop along. In addition, be sure to check out how to win some blog candy! Every stop on the hop will have blog candy to give away.
Are you wondering how to enter to qualify to win the blog candy? Just subscribe to any of the blogs you want to follow and you will be entered to win that blog’s candy. Each blog on the hop will draw a name from their new subscribers to win their candy. Why subscribe? When you subscribe to a blog’s feed you will be notified every time there is a new post. You never have to miss out on any of the inspiration, fun or news.
Be sure to follow the hop all the way around to try to win as many as you can! And, of course, to see all the wonderful projects being shared by the hoppers.
Here’s what I made for today’s ICS Blog Hop:
The card’s layout is very simple and versatile. I chose to line up all the layers at the top right corner of the card base, but you could line them up at any of the four corners, or you could center them all. The banner could go in either direction as well.
Scroll down to see how I made today’s card and what I used.
To follow the Blog Hop, click on the arrow, and you will be taken to the next stop, Janey Backer at Inspired Stamping.
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Whisper White Thick card stock (CS) to 4-1/4″ x 11″, then scored it in half at 5-1/2″
- Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 4-1/8″ x 5-3/8″
- Whisper White CS to 3-1/2″ x 4-3/4″
- Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 3-3/8″ x 4-5/8″
- Whisper White CS to 2-7/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Succulent Garden Designer Series Paper (DSP) to 2-3/4″ x 4″
- Whisper White CS to 5/8″ x 4-1/2″
- Calypso Coral CS to 1/2″ x 4-1/2″
Sentiment from the Oh, So Succulent stamp set:
- dusted Calypso Coral CS strip with the Embossing Buddy
- stamped sentiment in Versamark ink onto the strip
- poured White Stampin’ Emboss Powder over sentiment, then flicked off the excess
- set with the Heat Tool – be sure to hold small pieces like this with a wooden clothes pin or metal tweezers, to prevent burning your fingers
Notched using the Banner Triple Punch:
- the right end of the Calypso Coral CS strip with the sentiment
- one end of the Whisper White CS strip
Assembled the card:
- the five rectangular layers glued together as shown then glued to card base. See the note below the photo about the layout.
- plain end of Calypso Coral CS strip trimmed with Paper Snips so the sentiment feels centered, then glued onto Whisper White CS strip, lining up the notched ends
- sentiment banner glued onto card front then the excess hanging over the edge trimmed away with Paper Snips.
- NOTE: I lined up the left edge of the Calypso Coral strip with the left edge of the largest DSP layer. Then I trimmed away the excess Whisper White with my Paper Snips. In determining how far from the top to put the banner, I aimed for about 1/3 down the length of the smallest DSP layer. I just eyeballed it, but I was shooting for twice as much space beneath the banner as above it (the space on the smallest DSP layer.) I think it’s actually a little higher than that. But it was already glued down. And I was too lazy to redo it. So there.
Here’s what I used:
Click on the images for more details and to purchase.
Here’s how to enter the drawing:
On the right side of this page, just under my photo, you’ll see the Get Notified area. Enter your email address, check the Daily blog email updates/Newsletter options, and click on Subscribe. That’s it!
Be sure to subscribe/comment by midnight, Monday, April 10. I will draw the winning name Tuesday, April 11, and I will announce the winner on my Wednesday, April 12 blog post and mail your blog candy out right away! Thanks for hopping with us and remember to join us on the first Wednesday of the month for the Inspire, Create & Share Blog Hop!
RETIRING IN COLORS
DID YOU KNOW the 2015-2017 In Colors will retire at the end of May? That means that they will no longer be available to order on June 1. Don’t wait until then to order them. At some point before the end of May, they will become available only while supplies last. So get what you need now.
***ALL 5 INK REFILLS ARE ALREADY ON BACKORDER!***
ORDER YOURS TODAY SO YOU CAN GET THEM WHEN THEY COME IN!
SPEAKING OF RETIRING PRODUCTS
The Designer Series Papers always retire, too. So these products won’t be available after May 31. And just like the retiring In Colors above, at some point before the end of May, these items will become available only while supplies last. Don’t wait until the last minute. Get them now!
You always earn a Gum Ball for every $50 you spend on an order with me. Earn 10 Gum Balls and I’ll send you a free stamp set of your choice! See the Gum Ball Rewards page for details.
Click here to shop my online store!
April Host Code
Use the Host Code on online orders less than $15o. See how to use a Host Code here.
Online orders of $75-149.99 placed with the Host Code will receive the gift of the month!
Online orders of $150 or more will automatically receive the gift of the month! Do not use the Host Code.
April’s gift is a pack of Urban Underground Embellishments! Each pack contains 24 brushed silver embellishments – 8 each of 3 designs. (I can ship within US only.)
Click here to shop my online store!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!