It’s time for InKing Royalty’s April 2019 Blog Hop! This year’s Blog Hop themes are inspired by a single word – and this month our projects are centered around SPRING. I used the Abstract Impressions bundle (Abstract Impressions stamp set and Springtime Impressions Thinlits Dies) along with one of my favorite patterns from the Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper. Now if that isn’t Springy, I don’t know what is! By the way, the stamp set and dies are carrying over to the new annual catalog, but they won’t be available as a bundle to save 10% – so if you want it, I recommend getting it before June 3, so you can save!
Be sure to hop all the way around to all the stops. This is a very talented group of stampers and you don’t want to miss any of their Spring themed projects.
Here’s what I made:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Night of Navy card stock (CS) cut to 8-1/2″ x 5-1/2″, then scored at 2-1/8″ and 6-3/8″, to form a gate fold card base
- Mango Melon CS layers cut to 4″ x 2-1/4″ (2 pieces)
- Garden Impressions Designer Series Paper (DSP) layers cut to 3-3/4″ x 2″ (2 pieces)
- So Saffron CS cut to 2-3/4″ x 1″” for the sentiment
- So Saffron CS cut to 4″ x 5-1/4″ for the inside of the card basex
Stamped with the Abstract Impressions stamp set:
- outside sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto the small So Saffron CS
- inside sentiment in Night of Navy ink onto the large So Saffron CS
Die cut using the Springtime Impressions Thinlits:
- a butterfly from a scrap of So Saffron CS
Assembled the card:
- burnished the folds in the card base with a Bone Folder
- DSP layers glued onto the Mango Melody CS layers
- left half of a Mango Melody CS layer glued onto the left side of the front of the card base
- right have of the other Mango Melody CS layer glued onto the right side of the front of the card base
- butterfly body glued onto the upper DSP layer (left the wings loose and bent them up a bit for a 3D effect)
- sentiment adhered onto the lower DSP layer using Stampin’ Dimensionals
- larger So Saffron CS glued onto the inside of the card basex
Here’s the Spring Blog Hop:
After reading my post, please hop on to Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery. If you get lost during the hop, use this line up as a guide:
Thank you for hopping along with us. If you get stuck during the Blog Hop, please use this line-up as a guide:
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Robbye Hamilton at Miss Hammie’s Crafts
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy <——- YOU ARE HERE!
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Sue Jackson at Just Peachy Stamping
- Jackie Beers at Blue Line Stamping
- Julie DiMatteo at The Paper Pixie
- Pam Morris at Tap Tap Stamp
- Robin Myren at Songbird Designs by Robin
- Jennifer Spiller at Westside Paper Creations
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
Supply List <– Click here to download a clickable and printable supply list!
Today is the last day!
Preorder the Sweetest Thing Online Card Class by Wednesday, April 24!
- Make 6 cards at home in your PJs!
- 2 each of 3 designs
- Features the Sweetest Thing Bundle and the How Sweet It Is Designer Series Paper
- Featured colors: Melon Mambo, Coastal Cabana, Gorgeous Grape, Pineapple Punch, Whisper White
- I’ve done the cutting, scoring, and embossing for you!
- You’ll receive all you need to make the cards, including the stamp set, dies, ink pad, the precut/prescored/pre-embossed card kits, and 6 Whisper White envelopes.
- Limited spots available
Click on the image below for details and class options, or copy and paste this link into your browser: https://stampcandy.net/online-classes/sweetest-thing-card-class-preorder/
Here are some helpful links:
- Shop my online store
- Clearance Rack
- NEW Storage by Stampin’ Up!
- SUBSCRIBE to my weekly newsletter and daily blog updates.
- April Host Code GDG7WK3J – receive free product!
- Earn Gumball Rewards – receive free products!
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me for details.
- Have you shopped from me within the past year? Join my private VIP Facebook group for exclusive project tutorials and more!
- Join my team and enjoy a 20% discount (or more) on all your purchases!
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!