For today’s card, I used the emboss resist technique on Glossy White Card Stock to create this lovely, softly colored effect. The three bands of pastel colors where applied with Sponge Brayers. I used Basic Gray to add depth to the card – Basic Black seemed to stark and nothing else seemed to work. The flower is from the Definitely Dahlia stamp set, and the sentiment is from the Graceful Garden stamp set.
Here’s what I made:
The heat embossed flower and the Glossy White card stock make the whole card front nice and shiny:
Here’s what I did:
Cut and scored with my Stampin’ Trimmer:
- Daffodil Delight card stock (CS) cut to 5-1/2″ x 8-1/2″, then scored in half at 4-1/4″
- Basic Gray CS cut to 5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″
- Glossy White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″
- optional: Whisper White CS cut to 5-1/4″ x 4″ for the inside
Stamped with the Definitely Dahlia stamp set:
- flower in Versamark ink onto the Glossy White CS layer, then heat embossed it in clear embossing powder
Colored using Sponge Brayers:
- Glossy White CS in Peekaboo Peach, Daffodil Delight, and Pear Pizzazz inks
- NOTE: use a dry paper towel to wipe the excess ink from the embossed areas
Stamped with the Graceful Garden stamp set:
- sentiment in Basic Gray ink onto the Glossy White CS layer
- NOTE: I used the Heat Tool just a moment to dry the Basic Gray ink.
Assembled the card:
- stamped layer glued onto the Basic Gray CS layer
- Basic Gray CS layer glued onto the front of the card base
- Optional: Whisper White CS glued to the inside of the card base (I opted not to use this because the Daffodil Delight CS is plenty light enough to write on.)
Here are today’s colors:
You can click on each one to see all the products that come in that color!
Here’s what I used:
Click on these images for more details and to purchase.
- This is a fabulous time to join my team! Sale-A-Bration is the biggest event of the Stampin’ Up! year and you can save big on the ultimate bundle, the Starter Kit. CLICK HERE for more information. Contact me with any questions: email [email protected] or call/text 404-661-5222
- Newsletter: subscribe for exclusive deals, projects, and more! Enter your email address and click SUBSCRIBE at the top right of this page, just under the picture of my smiling face. You can also choose to receive an email every day that I have a blog post.
- Check out My Events Calendar HERE
- Host Code for the month of January (XNNMNZSZ) Find out more about HOW, WHEN and WHY to use the code HERE.
- My Thank You Gift to You in January: Silver Embossing Paste – Find out more HERE.
- Gift Certificates are available in any U.S. dollar amount from me. Contact me – email: [email protected] OR call/text: 404-661-5222
- Gumball Rewards for all orders over $50. Find out more HERE.
Thanks for stopping by today, and Sweet Stamping!